What's new

CES 2020: NETGEAR Combines Wi-Fi 6 And DOCSIS 3.1 In First-Of-Kind-Modem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
netgear-cax80.jpg
A recently announced honoree of the CES 2020 Innovation Award, the AX6000 NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 Cable Modem Router (CAX80) is the first retail DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem to include Wi-Fi 6 radios.

Built for Gigabit+ internet services, the Nighthawk AX8’s modem component will support 1Gbps+ internet speeds.

Physical interfaces on the Nighthawk AX8 include four GbE ports, one Multi-Gig (1 GbE/2.5 GbE) port and USB 3.0. Other noted features include link aggregation, auto firmware update and compatibility with Netgear’s Nighthawk Mobile App.

Available later this month, the NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi 6 Cable Modem Router will have an MSRP of $429.00.

Last edited:
In 2019, my provider has started to propose 2 Gbits/s download (600 mbits upload) instead of the 1 Gbits/s with a new model of their modem with their fiber channel. We have that connection, but still with the old modem, therefore limited to 1 Gbits/s. I already can view YouTube video in 8k at 60 fps with no lag while my wife is streaming a movie. DOCSIS 3.1 is welcome but regarding the real need, I will wait to see what is offered.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!