What's new

Change VLAN ID for IPTV profile

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

afreire

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I'm from Argentina and I've Movistar TV. My problem is that the vlan id are different from the id that have the Movistar Triple Vlan profile. Are there any way to change that IDs?

Regards.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210720-102530_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210720-102530_Samsung Internet.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 244
That's not work, I need to replace the VLAN id of Movistar Profile because it a little different here. The manual profile fails.

You have not provided enough information for folks to help you. What router are you using? Firmware version? You say that the custom settings for not help because things are different where you are; what exact settings do you need?

I doubt I can help either, but these are the questions I'd figure I need to know to give an answer.

You have not provided enough information for folks to help you. What router are you using? Firmware version? You say that the custom settings for not help because things are different where you are; what exact settings do you need?

I doubt I can help either, but these are the questions I'd figure I need to know to give an answer.
Hi, I give more information about that.

I've two router ASUS AC86U with 386.3 firmware version. I need to use the Movistar Tripe VLAN profile but with different vlan tag id. The only profile that works is that but in Argentina (I don't why) the vlan Id are different.

It's use PPOE Vlan8021p = 0 and VlanMuxid 10, for IPTV 4 and 11, and for VOIP 5 and 12. It's possible to create another Movistar Profile for Argentina?

I hope that information can help.

Regards

Hi, Are there any way to create a new IPTV Profile for Movistar Argentina using a different tag id than the current Movistar Profile?

Regards

you can use the 'manual' vlan settings and specify the tagging for both internet and the services sent to ethernet 3/4 ( which would be the iptv / voip streams for a triple vlan setup like movistar)

Thanks for the replay. But manual setting not work because I need the same config than the Movistar Triple VLN.
In the IPTV that profile has a button to define the connection, the same for the voip. You can see than config in the images that I've attached. I need the same profile and option but with different vlan tag id.

Do you understand me?

Regards

1629763865856.png
1629763913163.png

Last edited:
I don't. What's a clan tag id?

Sorry is vlan tag id, this is the is the information that need to use:
- PPOE Vlan8021p = 0 and VlanMuxid 10, instead of 6 and 1
- IPTV Vlan8021p = 4 and VlanMuxid 11, instead of 2 and 4
- VOIP Vlan8021p = 5 and VlanMuxid 12. instead of 3 and 4

I can make a fork a create my custom version but I don't think that is the best option.

Regards

had a dig in the source - in the old 382 GPL it looks like the vlan tags of 6,2,3 were hard-coded into the function load_ISP_Profile() in www/Advanced_IPTV_Content.asp

C:
else if(document.form.switch_wantag.value == "movistar") {
                setting_value = [["6", "0"], ["2", "0"], ["3", "0"], "8"];
        }

however on a running 386 system that function is no longer in that file - and since the 386 GPL has been pulled from asus.com it's kind of hard to find where that function have been moved to

Hi, I'm from Argentina and I've Movistar TV. My problem is that the vlan id are different from the id that have the Movistar Triple Vlan profile. Are there any way to change that IDs?

Regards.
Do you have local Asus support? Since they provide profile for your service provider, they should be able to help fix the vlan id if there it is differs from provider.

you could use a managed switch between the router's wan port and the movistar ont/cable modem to re-tag the traffic.

Trouble is full on re-tagging generally requires larger enterprise switches - but you could use a pair of small/cheap 5 port managed switches back to back to do the same

I grabbed the current merlin source and had a hunt - looks like the vlan tags are now defined in router/shared/misc.c in the function get_iptv_and_dualwan_info()

C:
} else if ( !strcmp(switch_wantag,"movistar" ) ) {
                iptv_vids[0] = 2;
                iptv_vids[1] = 3;
                iptv_vids[2] = 6;

so you're either going to need to resort to re-tagging upstream of the router, or else get your head around changing the vlan tagging rules on the switch post-boot ( vlanctl and/or ethswctl )