What's new

Changed DDNS service

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Akki

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys,

I was using only no-ip as ddns service but i changed last night to dnsomatic as i am also using opendns home as dns filter. As i understand , and it looks like its working i have added both of those services to dnsomatic and it looks good.

BUT, SSL sertificate is stuck in Updating.... looks like its caused but changing DDNS service

Searching the forums i found /sbin/le_acme , i run it from SSH but nothing really changed.

Is there a way to force update without factory reset?

Thanks in advance!

I believe this is a well-known issue/bug. I also believe the bug mis-reports, making that "Updating" a false indicator that something is wrong.

So your suggestion too would be to do factory reset , setup new DDNS and ask for new certificate?

Let's Encrypt won't work with DNS-o-Matic since you are not using a real DDNS hostname, but a meta-service instead.

Let's Encrypt won't work with DNS-o-Matic since you are not using a real DDNS hostname, but a meta-service instead.

Thanks Merlin,

I will then go back and setup DDNS to no-ip, and manually update IP for opendns filtering.

Tunnelbroker.net has been working brilliantly for me. Set up a free account and they walk you through it quickly and painlessly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk