What's new

Changing AC88U to a AX88u ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DAVIZINHO

Regular Contributor
Hello,
I have the posibility to change my AC88U to a AX88U.
I can see the principal diferences in the asus web. but i have a question about the change.
I use link agregation with a synology nas, i use the JFFS partition with a linux scripts in crontab and a vpn connection.
With the AX88u I will lost any of this things? or all works like the ac88u with more powerfull?

thanks a lot!

As the data sheet says its supporting link aggregation and I don't think the jffs partition is sorted out on this device so everything should work like it did on the ac88u.

I would of course prefere the AX, it has a much better CPU and the double of RAM.

Last edited:
As the data sheet says its supporting link aggregation and I don't think the jffs partition is sorted out on this device so everything should work like it did on the ac88u.

I would of course prefere the AX, it has a much better CPU and the double of RAM.
Great!
thanks for the reply!

With the RT-AX88U you will lose IPTraffic, but everything else that I can think of will be there.

Hello,
I have the posibility to change my AC88U to a AX88U.
I can see the principal diferences in the asus web. but i have a question about the change.
I use link agregation with a synology nas, i use the JFFS partition with a linux scripts in crontab and a vpn connection.
With the AX88u I will lost any of this things? or all works like the ac88u with more powerfull?

thanks a lot!

With the RT-AX88U you will lose IPTraffic, but everything else that I can think of will be there.
Is this because there's some limitations or simply a feature not available on the AX88U??

Is this because there's some limitations or simply a feature not available on the AX88U??

Iptraffic uses the ipt_account kernel module which is incompatible with the Linux kernel 4.1 used by the RT-AX88U. A complete rewrite of the module would be required because it relies on netfilter structures that are opaque since one of the early 3.x kernel releases.

Iptraffic uses the ipt_account kernel module which is incompatible with the Linux kernel 4.1 used by the RT-AX88U. A complete rewrite of the module would be required because it relies on netfilter structures that are opaque since one of the early 3.x kernel releases.
Thanks for the explanation!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!