What's new

Chinese rt ac66u-b1 in UK - channels on 5ghz.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Halomoto

New Around Here
Hello,
Could someone advise if there is any chance to make s7 works on 5Ghz band please?
Router is running Merlin firmware 380.68_4. Region is set for Europe control channel are 149, 153, 157, 161, 165.
Only my Sony tv can see 5Ghz band .

Hello,
Could someone advise if there is any chance to make s7 works on 5Ghz band please.
So you are talking about the Samsung Galaxy S7 not seeing the 5 GHz high band channels? I remember that in the past some smartphones had problems with the higher band channels, but S7 is not that old...
Why you do not use the lower 5 GHz channels? :confused:

Hello,
Could someone advise if there is any chance to make s7 works on 5Ghz band please?
Router is running Merlin firmware 380.68_4. Region is set for Europe control channel are 149, 153, 157, 161, 165.
Only my Sony tv can see 5Ghz band .
Generally speaking, the router must comply with region wireless control standards。Because your router is chinese version, so his channel selection is only allowed in China, and won't because you're in UK you can choose European channels. I think your S7 should be bought in UK, so it can only identify European 5G channels. Some folk modified firmware has opened the full 5G channels, you can try HGG.

I have a Chinese AC86U and have the lower channels on 5G. What I don't have is the upper channels, but if I want those I just change the region in the drop down menu. :p

Generally speaking, the router must comply with region wireless control standards。Because your router is chinese version, so his channel selection is only allowed in China, and won't because you're in UK you can choose European channels. I think your S7 should be bought in UK, so it can only identify European 5G channels. Some folk modified firmware has opened the full 5G channels, you can try HGG.

whats HGG ??

Edit:

oh I see, very nice -> https://www.snbforums.com/threads/custom-fork-rmerlin-firmware.21489/

I have a Chinese AC86U and have the lower channels on 5G. What I don't have is the upper channels, but if I want those I just change the region in the drop down menu. :p

Under normal circumstances, change the region can not get the corresponding area allows 5G channels, this involves legal issues。But i really have encountered the router that has this function(e.g. ipTIME, a Korean brand), i think this is related to the degree of control of local law in area. I have AC88U and AC5300, at least they have not this function, no matter which region i set up, the 5G channel will never change. Of course, i am not sure if ASUS has changed its strategy on ac86u. But, for ASUS routers(it may not include low-end models), it is fact that changing region can change tx radio power, i remember that United States and Australia have the highest value. Strictly speaking, this is actually a touch ball, and this feature ASUS is learning from Netgear:Dbut i think most of the users should like this feature, so do i.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!