What's new

RT-AC5300 5GHz channels issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BiOs2k

New Around Here
Hello all, I just bought a used RT-AC5300 to have a dual 5GHz band capability and dedicate 1 band for backhaul my DDWRT as wifi Client.

I flash the RT-5300 with the latest Merlin firmware.

My issue is that when I go into the Wifi config, the 5GHz-1 only give me lower channel (36-40-44-48) and the 5GHz-2 only give me higher channel choice (149-153-157-161-165)
I want to be able to seet higher channel on the 5ghz-1 too..
I've been searching on the internet a solution.. I don't understand why I can't get all channel list on both 5GHz Radio?

I've try many nvram set command but never get a fix to have complete channel list on both radio.
Anyone can help me to understand why and is there a way to get full channel on both 5GHz-1 and 5GHz-2

Thanks.!

This is how "tri-band" routers with 2x 5GHz radios work. You can't have 2x radios tuned on the same channels on single device.

Thank You Tech9 for the reply.
Ok I understand why, on 80mhz there is only 1 channel available on the UNI-1 and UNI-3. and I guest I can't get extended channels whitout flashing ddwrt..

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!