What's new

Cisco WAP 571 Oddness.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

These problems can be elusive. Just think if you had thousands of switches the fun you could have.

Of course at this point I would not mix brands it is hard enough to mix models of the same brand.

Yeah it's more frustration than anything else!

Must admit, i have been looking at the 581, but i'm not sure if i really want to stick with Cisco TBH.

I have had the Unifi AP's in the past and they were 'ok'.

If this doesn't get sorted i might give them another try with one of their HD models.

One last thing i am going to try is resetting the Ciscos back to factory and starting again.

Although, that won't be easy at the moment due to having the family here 24/7!

Which Engenius AP model you looking at? The ECW230 looks like a new model. It may have faster hardware in it. I don't know if I am real crazy about cloud support but I am old and not real comfort with putting everything out on the cloud. I have been firewalling too many years. It might make for easy site support from afar.

I know about family issues. My wife is on every day multiple times day on faceTime or Zoom and I want to change out my Cisco layer 3 switch. I am just waiting.

I just looked up the Cisco WAP571 AP. It has been out since March of 2016. It is over 4 years old does not have AC wave 2. I guess the real question is worth buying now or waiting for 6E?

PS
It looks like Engenius has a non-cloud version also. The EWS377AP.

Last edited:
Jason, not your fault, but it appears you've changed up your topology a few times in the course of trying to troubleshoot. Could you reiterate precisely how everything is wired, as of now? And/or quickly draw and upload a topology map, if that's easier? Would make troubleshooting you a fair bit easier. Then we can get into possible replacement wireless gear, if it's warranted.

Trip he changed his switches up again and it started working again. So it is something he is doing. It might be an incompatibility with some of the hardware but I would guess it is the way he is plugging in the wires and the end result.

I was thinking along those lines. Perhaps if he's done enough to "fix" the issue, then re-analyzing is a moot point.

Hi guys,

Really sorry for the delayed reply!

Well, for some reason, it is all working fine again!

When TV watching had finished, i left it overnight (for the TV box to auto-standy), next morning opened the app and it all now works flawlessly.

Before that everything was plugged back into the ER as before, however i did this while it was powered off so that when it was switched back on, it would sort out everything whilst it was initialising.

The AP's were also rebooted when i fired up the ER.

So with that, so far so good, and I would just like to thank you guys for your assistance, it is appreciated!

Just a shame i couldn't give a proper answer.

Stay safe!

:)