What's new

Client List is unreliable

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Justinh

I'm curious how many other people experience this and if there is a fix for it.
RT-AC68P with latest firmware.

The client list won't always show all the connected clients. If you force a refresh it may show more or it may show less than the previous list. It seems to become unstable if there are 5 or more clients. It never detects my HD HomeRun. I have a mix of wired and 2.4/5 wireless.

This problem manifests itself everywhere clients are listed.

Asus just says to reset - they don't even bother looking into it because, you know, it can't be a bug.

Last edited:
I'm curious how many other people experience this and if there is a fix for it.
RT-AC68P with latest firmware.

The client list won't always show all the connected clients. If you force a refresh it may show more or it may show less than the previous list. It seems to become unstable if there are 5 or more clients. It never detects my HD HomeRun. I have a mix of wired and 2.4/5 wireless.

This problem manifests itself everywhere clients are listed.

Asus just says to reset - they don't even bother looking into it because, you know, it can't be a bug.

My 86U has similar client list nonsense although it does seem to settle in over time. It does list my HD HomeRuns as wired.

If you do reset, perform the GUI Initialize to clear logged data... maybe it uses this data store for logging/listing clients.

OE

Wait for Asus? They don't even want to investigate. Do you know if there is already an established bug report with Asus?

Wait for Asus? They don't even want to investigate. Do you know if there is already an established bug report with Asus?

It's not a bug. It's incomplete firmware development. It's painfully obvious to anyone who uses the product, including ASUS.

OE

Of course, it's a bug. It did work in previous versions of their firmware.

Of course, it's a bug. It did work in previous versions of their firmware.

Sorry, I've never noticed that... the GUI clients lists have always been wacky here. But as you put it, yes, it would be a bug... and more hopeful that it will be fixed sooner than later... I've been waiting since 3/2018.

OE

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!