What's new

Cloudflare being rerouted by my ISP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

andresmorago

Hello

Im aware this is more related to cloudflare than asus merlin firmware but still wanted to consult here.

I noticed a couple days ago that latency to 1.1.1.1 significantly increased from 40ms to 90ms. After doing some checks, i noticed that my ISP is rerouting all the 1/8 network via United States and not Colombia. I have 2 closer cloudflare servers with lower latency than Atlanta server.

Besides contacting my ISP, i was wondering if there is any way i could force 1.1.1.1 requests to go to my closest server located on my city.

thanks

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 253
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 272
You will likely find it is using DoT that is causing this distant routing. I have the same issue with Quad9 in the states. I have not contacted my ISP about this but it might be worth a try...

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

i will contact my ISP. i do think this is a long shot but what the heck.

Last edited:
i will contact my ISP. i do think this is a long shot but what the heck.

regarding my setup, what if i replace 1.1.1.1 for the IP of the cloudflare closest server (104.17.209.9) at my routers WAN page?

Cloudflare DNS is running over their CDN, so hope this helps..

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!