What's new

Common and inexpensive switch and networking brands in Germany

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DominikHoffmann

Occasional Visitor
I want to plan a network upgrade for my dad in Germany. Unfortunately, I live in the U.S. and have been using mainly Netgear and EnGenius equipment here. I have fared well with those choices. Looking at what’s available in Germany on Amazon.de, those brands are not as available. I am wondering, whether there are other brands that in that market are more common and less expensive.

Any suggestions!

I want to plan a network upgrade for my dad in Germany. Unfortunately, I live in the U.S. and have been using mainly Netgear and EnGenius equipment here. I have fared well with those choices. Looking at what’s available in Germany on Amazon.de, those brands are not as available. I am wondering, whether there are other brands that in that market are more common and less expensive.

Any suggestions!
TP-LINK.

you might want to investigate the ISO certificates for their supply chains then. Netgear for sure manufactures in PRC and Vietnam for their networking gear.

TP-LINK: Chinese origin.
Netgear: The states origin.
From Netgear's website:

"
The design and manufacture of Printed Circuit Board Assemblies and Electromechanical Assemblies for
communication/network products.
Product Category: 7.7.2 Printed Circuit Board Assembly, 7.7.4 Electromechanical Assembly.
Registration address: 1-4/F, Building No.1, F8d Area, Foxconn Science and Technology Industrial Park, East
"
PCBs designed in Taiwan, manufactured in PRC and VN.

not sure where the line is drawn to meet the OP's need.

For home networking - avm.de - home of the Fritz!Boxen

Mostly focused on residential gateways, but very high quality and good support

Good luck finding any brand even Cisco that does not have some Chinese parts in it.
Yeah, that.

I have had pretty good luck with APs and switches from Zyxel, which is based in Taiwan not the mainland ... but I bet they source at least some parts from the mainland. How rigid are you going to be here?

From Netgear's website:

"
The design and manufacture of Printed Circuit Board Assemblies and Electromechanical Assemblies for
communication/network products.
Product Category: 7.7.2 Printed Circuit Board Assembly, 7.7.4 Electromechanical Assembly.
Registration address: 1-4/F, Building No.1, F8d Area, Foxconn Science and Technology Industrial Park, East
"
PCBs designed in Taiwan, manufactured in PRC and VN.

not sure where the line is drawn to meet the OP's need.
So funny. I think he can buy Netgear for his need. Otherwise he can make a switch himself.

Netgear, Inc. is an American computer networking company based in San Jose, California.

FoundersPatrick Lo, Mark G. Merrill[1]
HeadquartersSan Jose, California, U.S.
Key people

Last edited:
I am wondering, whether there are other brands that in that market are more common and less expensive.

Do you speak German? If you do, i would recommend having a look on www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de? It is from ebay but for local free ads like Craigslist. They literally bomb you there with solid 2nd hand IT equipment for very fair prices. Also Netgear, Cisco and stuff. I have bought most of my Cisco AP's from Germany through this site as prices are very fair and shipping is reasonable to Belgium.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!