What's new

Compile Apache Traffic Server to AC68u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tramchamploo

Occasional Visitor
The latest version of ATS uses C++17, so
Code:
 ./configure CXX=arm-uclibc-g++ CC=arm-uclibc-gcc --prefix=/opt --host=arm-linux
doesn't work, using am-toolchain. Then I downloaded official arm toolchain and compile with
Code:
./configure CXX="arm-none-eabi-g++  --specs=nosys.specs" CC="arm-none-eabi-gcc  --specs=nosys.specs" --prefix=/opt --host=arm-linux
and no luck. Prompting error: You are trying to build on a 32-bit platform, which is unsupported.
This is weird because I'm doing this on x86_64 platform.
What can I do now? Thanks.

Are you sure, that you have chosen the right toolchain? Please choose a toolchain intended to compile firmware for AC68U! Your toolchain uses newlib, AC68U needs a toolchain based on uclibc.
BR
st_ty_

I have to revise the statement in my first post: Building ATS should work, if c++ cross-compiler of your toolchain supports C++17. (But I don't know neither if it really supports C++17 nor if compiled ATS will run without error afterwards on AC-RT68U.)
Try to include "--enable-32bit-build" to configure. According to content of configure.ac, this could solve your problem.
BR
st_ty_

merlin toolchain has no support for C++17, and I don't know any other way to get a toolchain that works for ac68u

Apache 2 is built over in entware space - unless one has very specific requirements to build against apache2 source, would be easier to get entware up and running and go from there...

I have very limited knowledge on Makefile, entware makes me confused. I'm trying to use crosstool-ng to build a custom toolchain that is compatible with ac68u which is very challenging.

I have very limited knowledge on Makefile, entware makes me confused. I'm trying to use crosstool-ng to build a custom toolchain that is compatible with ac68u which is very challenging.

Not sure that we can help you then...

Entware - there's a number of walk-thrus on the site here that can help you out.

Going into crosstool and makefiles - sounds like you are ill-prepared to go down that path, so I would recommend doing the entware thing if your heart is tied to getting apache2 running on asuswrt...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!