What's new

Completed MoCA setup

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mark070

Regular Contributor
Hey all,

I finished setting up my (rather simple) MoCA network in the house. I am not going to include any pictures just yet, but wanted to see if my speeds are about what is expected (real life). I am using just a pair of ECB6200 adapters to connect the upstairs to the downstairs (through 2 splitters).

I am seeing an initial burst of 25 MB/s and a sustained speed of 70-75 MB/s during large file transfers.

Is that about what I am expecting? I really only needed a bare minimum of 10 MB/s sustained, so the 70+ is plenty fast. I just want to know if that's about normal - or if there is something I am missing to get it closer to the 112 MB/s maximum.

Thanks!
Mark

go into the diagnostic page and read the sync rate of the modems.
8 bit/byte x 70 MB/sec = 560 mbit/sec which is in the range of MOCA2. You may be able to get to turbo mode and get higher rates., but that will depend on the cable plant and the splitters, etc.

Sorry, day #2 using MoCA ... but getting to that diagnostic page; is it just point the web browser to the IP Address of the (any one) adapter? Should I see any kind of settings that I can change?

Or do I need to unhook the adapters, and attach directly to my computer to look at it?

Thanks for the help!

i don't have at hand, but there are several instructions in threads here about how to. Search for Actiontec 6200 diagnostic

Sorry for the delay in getting back. I retested the MOCA connection. This time I let the laptop "relax" completely before stress testing it (moving large files across machines via the MOCA connection).

This time when uploading I was seeing consistent 95 MB/s to 112 MB/s to the NAS.
When downloading from the NAS to the laptop, I was getting between 85 MB/s to 112 MB/s

I suspect the variance may be due to the laptop being used.

So, I think its good. Good enough that is.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!