What's new

Configure OpenVPN on 2.4ghz or 5ghz

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Donald Hanav

New Around Here
Hi, brand new to the forum and networking noob in general. I just purchased an Asus RT-N66U and installed Merlin tonight. I configured OpenVPN successfully, however it affected both the 2.4ghz network and the 5ghz one. I was wondering if there is a way to configure the VPN for only one of them.

I am trying to connect a few devices through the VPN and have remaining devices go through non-VPN and right now whichever wireless network I join, goes through the VPN.

Thanks in advance

You can set up policy rules for the vpn. To do this, go to VPN then select OpenVPN clients. Scroll down to Redirect internet traffic and select Policy Rules. Now underneath that you should see that you are able to add devices, click on Source IP and find the device, you can leave destination IP blank. Once you've found the device, select it and then click the + button at the end. You can repeat for all devices you want to add up to a total of 100 devices for this client. Now your other devices that you didn't add should work fine using the non-vpn network.