What's new

Connected but "No Internet, secured"...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

leon

Regular Contributor
I have a desktop with PCE-AC68. I used to be able to connect to my 5G wifi. I have seen bought a new AC86U, and now I can now only connect to 2.4G. Connect to 5G shows "No internet, secured" on Win 10. I can't ping my router...

I have two notebooks, 3 mobile phones at proximity to the desktop, and all can connect top 5G without any problem.

I have also reset the networks setting but to not avail.

My old AC68U is dead so I can't test it again...

There's a number of variables here but a few questions....
Did you restore your 68U configuration to the 86U? If so, that's is big "DON'T" and the source of all your problems.
Based on the face you can manually chose between 2.4 and 5, you must have separate SSIDs and NOT using Smart Connect.
Are you using the same SSID and passphrase as you were on the 68u? If so set a new ones so the OS sees it as new and doesn't try to reuse low level settings we dont see or control.
Also try 'Forgetting the network'
Make sure the PCE-AC68U adapter is up to date.... if you changed anything in the 'Advanced' tab over the years, re-download the latest version so you have a local copy and remove it from device manager, checking the box to delete the driver too. Then re-add driver.
On the router's 'General' wireless section I've seen "protected management frames" cause problems with old devices, but its usually a on both bands. Try Disabling it, if not already. I keep mine in capable.
It does seem odd that it's just one radio.

There are plenty of other threads about full reset and Wi-Fi settings best practices but to summarize the top few...
For Both Radios:
Fixed Channels (As you see fit)
Disable Airtime Fairness
Disable Universal Beamforming
Disable TX Bursting
For 2.4 - 20MHz Only width

Once you stabilize your environment, you MAY consider SmartConnect. I personally have a good experience with it enables and settings adjusted to my environment (the SC settings in relation to my Mesh Node placement and Client locations).

Thank you for your recommendations. It helps but the problem exist. I can connect to the 5G Wifi but I cannot ping my router. I tried a few times before I reported it back.

It seems to happen when there are other notebook computers near my desktop. If the other notebook computers are off, I am able to connect.

There's a number of variables here but a few questions....
Did you restore your 68U configuration to the 86U? If so, that's is big "DON'T" and the source of all your problems.
Based on the face you can manually chose between 2.4 and 5, you must have separate SSIDs and NOT using Smart Connect.
Yap, I did not restore the setting. I did it initially and the speed was really bad. So I did a factory re-set and start all over.
Yes, I have separate SSID for 2.4G and 5G.
Are you using the same SSID and passphrase as you were on the 68u? If so set a new ones so the OS sees it as new and doesn't try to reuse low level settings we dont see or control.
Also try 'Forgetting the network'
I also setup and Guest 5G wifi. The outcome is the same...
Make sure the PCE-AC68U adapter is up to date.... if you changed anything in the 'Advanced' tab over the years, re-download the latest version so you have a local copy and remove it from device manager, checking the box to delete the driver too. Then re-add driver.
On the router's 'General' wireless section I've seen "protected management frames" cause problems with old devices, but its usually a on both bands. Try Disabling it, if not already. I keep mine in capable.
It does seem odd that it's just one radio.

There are plenty of other threads about full reset and Wi-Fi settings best practices but to summarize the top few...
For Both Radios:
Fixed Channels (As you see fit)
Disable Airtime Fairness
Disable Universal Beamforming
Disable TX Bursting
For 2.4 - 20MHz Only width

Once you stabilize your environment, you MAY consider SmartConnect. I personally have a good experience with it enables and settings adjusted to my environment (the SC settings in relation to my Mesh Node placement and Client locations).

Did all these... Thanks for your feedback on SmartConnect. This 5G wifi issue is driving me nuts. I will explore SmartConnect when this is over.

The problem is now gone! A combination of the advice, and update of driver. For some reason, my driver was updated by Windows to a Broadcom driver. I uninstall and deleted the driver. I then re-install the version from Asus. While under Drivers details, it shows Broadcom, 17 Oct 2016, but under Device Manager, it shows Asus.

Thank you for your recommendations. It helps but the problem exist. I can connect to the 5G Wifi but I cannot ping my router. I tried a few times before I reported it back.

It seems to happen when there are other notebook computers near my desktop. If the other notebook computers are off, I am able to connect.

Yap, I did not restore the setting. I did it initially and the speed was really bad. So I did a factory re-set and start all over.
Yes, I have separate SSID for 2.4G and 5G.
I also setup and Guest 5G wifi. The outcome is the same...

Did all these... Thanks for your feedback on SmartConnect. This 5G wifi issue is driving me nuts. I will explore SmartConnect when this is over.

Here seems to be a nice list to go over. Seems like a lot of poking and hoping on this one. https://windowsreport.com/fix-no-internet-secured-wifi-issue-windows-10/

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!