What's new

Constant disconnects...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

macster2075

Very Senior Member
Hi..
Ever since I flashed this firmware I have been having issues with a game called Apex Legends....
High ping, constant disconnects from the game servers

If I switch to the ISP router, I have no issues at all.
As soon as I switch back to Asus, immediate issues.

But, I only have issues with this particular game, not really issue with Internet browsing or getting disconnected from the Internet.

For some reason this game does not like this router/firmware... It doesn't matter if I connect via Wifi or Ethernet cable.

Any ideas?

Which model router and is QoS enabled?
Also have you factory reset the router after flashing.

Are you playing on PC or console may I ask, also after you flashed the firmware did you factory reset the router?

I play on PC and Yes I reset the router after flashing.
Which isp may I ask and what kind of connection type DSL cable or fiber

I'm also thinking you might have to try Mac cloning which is copying the Mac address of the ISP unit to the Mac clone field in the wan section of the Asus.

Last edited:
I had some problems with 384.9 (AC88), had to do a power reboot at least once a week to avoid a crash and burn. Posted the logs here and not a peep. I then (like an idiot) installed FreshJR and within hours I was seeing a constant connect-disconnect with my ISP (uses DHCP, nothing fancy). I immediately uninstalled Fresh and dropped back to 384.8_2. No problems since. I've decided to avoid 384.9 for now, and of course, Fresh.

I had some problems with 384.9 (AC88), had to do a power reboot at least once a week to avoid a crash and burn. Posted the logs here and not a peep. I then (like an idiot) installed FreshJR and within hours I was seeing a constant connect-disconnect with my ISP (uses DHCP, nothing fancy). I immediately uninstalled Fresh and dropped back to 384.8_2. No problems since. I've decided to avoid 384.9 for now, and of course, Fresh.

After flashing to the 384.9 build, did you do a full reset to factory defaults? When was the last time you did do a full reset, followed by minimally and manually configuring the router to secure it and connect to your ISP?

As there are very few to no reports of anyone else having this issue I would suspect that a full reset would have fixed this. And certainly, FreshJR's script isn't an issue on a good/known router setup either. ;)

I did do a factory reset...same issue....as I said before..this issue is not present with ISP Windstream t3200 Actiontec

Last edited:
You could set the automatic reboot cycle, and Mac clone the ISP unit.

I have auto reboot set for once a week... that does not fix the issue.
well, at least not for me :(

I have auto reboot set for once a week... that does not fix the issue.
well, at least not for me :(
Is it just apex legends not any other games and are you sure it's not an out dates LAN driver, or a fire wall issue, is your os up to date?

Just Apex Legends.. the drivers are all up to date. But the weird thing is that it's only with this Asus router after I flashed Merlin... as soon as I connect to the Actiontec T3200 (ISP Modem/router), the game is smooth and 0 disconnects.

Just Apex Legends.. the drivers are all up to date. But the weird thing is that it's only with this Asus router after I flashed Merlin... as soon as I connect to the Actiontec T3200 (ISP Modem/router), the game is smooth and 0 disconnects.

Then try flashing straight ASUS firmware if you think it’s an issue with rmerlin firmware.

Or try an older build of his. Or try dd-wrt.

Well, this is my first Asus firmware I use. When I bought the router, I immediately flashed Shibby Tomato..but recently decided to try out this firmware as I've been reading good things about it... honestly, I really like it.. my only complaint so far is this issue with this particular game which is odd to me.

Can you put the ISP unit I to bridge mode want kind of modem are you using when you plug in the Asus.

UPnP could improve Apex Legends network performance but could also reduce security.
  • WAN > Internet Connection > Basic Config > Enable UPnP > Yes
  • Firewall > General > Enable DoS Protection > No
  • LAN > IPTV > Enable multicast routing (IGMP Proxy) > Enable
  • Wireless > Professional > Enable IGMP Snooping > Enable (for both bands)

If you are running VDSL or suggest a modem that works you connnecton like a dreyteck vigor 130

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!