What's new

Constant "No Internet Access" Win10 Network Icon

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Who said I don't appreciate it?

You were told by numerous people including the author this isn't a good idea, yet you keep pushing on.

From someone looking in from the outside it comes across that way.

@goonerm3.
this problem crops up from time to time into 2 of my windows devices , the cause is the Service called "WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service" this service gobbles all the cpu cycles till everything crawls , once i kill it internet etc comes back. I managed to disable it(not a god idea as other services rely on it) via the registry so i can use my laptop.
The laptop is a Lenovo yoga pro 3, and this issue has been there on/off since i bought even after installing retail fresh windows 10.
My daughter also reported a month ago the same issues in her custom build gaming rig Desktop.
This issued seems quite widespread if you look it up.

Last edited:
I just seen this I had the same issue even tweaking wireless settings I could not get this working 100% it would either be the Windows or Mac devices down.

I rolled back to 384.15 and that works flawlessly no issues. Try that and see how you go.

You were told by numerous people including the author this isn't a good idea, yet you keep pushing on.

From someone looking in from the outside it comes across that way.
Yeah, it's called discussion.
And as it turned out another big reason seems to be lack or resources to support such feature, not (just) security concern as first proposed. Yet again, I don't quiet understand how downloading from sourseforge by router is any different than by user...

Know that your avatar triggers a certain level of uneasyness and abhorrence in me.
Would you like me to change my avatar specially for you?

Would you like me to change my avatar specially for you?
Yes, for the confort of all, a picture that is easier on the eyes would be appreciated.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!