What's new

Solved Custom DDNS Scripts

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Cap10Canuck

New Around Here
With the imminent demise of Google Domains, and their sell-off to Squarespace, I have been looking for another domain registrar. One that gets mentioned a lot is Porkbun. I did find a custom Porkbun script in the Wiki, but was wondering if anyone is actually successfully using it. I see reference to both an APIKEY and SECRETKEY, which can be obtained from the Porkbun domain management GUI, but not sure where the "ID" variable comes from.

APIKEY="pk1_xxxxxxx"
SECRET_KEY="sk1_xxxxxx"
DOMAIN="yourdomain.com"
SUBDOMAIN="router-or-your-own-subdomain"
ID="your-numeric-dns-record-id"

Reading the WIki, it points you to the Porkbun site that describes its API. Apparently you need to first use the API to get get the "ID". I think that is where the limit of my tech ability is failing me!

Looking for feedback from any current ASUS Merlin users successfully using the custom script to keep their IP address up to date! I don't want to transfer my Domain and find out I cannot easily update the DNS entry.

Alternative: use Cloudflare DNS name servers with a Porkbun domain.

Then you can use Inadyn to update your DNS records when your IP changes.

Alternative: use Cloudflare DNS name servers with a Porkbun domain.

Then you can use Inadyn to update your DNS records when your IP changes.

Sorry for the VERY late reply, but did not want to leave this dangling.

In the end, I did as suggested and switched my name servers to Cloudflare. I then used the Custom DDNS scripts to get the router to update Cloudflare. Works well!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!