What's new

Custom firmware build for Orbi RBK50/RBK53 (RBR50, RBS50) v. 9.2.5.1.11SF-HW

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Contact your ISP and have them change your WAN IP address on the WAN side/ISP Modem. use whois look up sites to see where these IP addresses are coming from.
Thanks for your reply.
My isp will change my IP every 48 hours or so.
Even so, the attack continued.
And I also checked for port scaning.

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem/ONT your using with the RBR?
Use whois look up sites to see where these IP addresses are coming from.

I'm going to ask an admittedly stupid question. I have the RBR/S 50 setup. Like a fool, I purchased via a sale from my ISP, Verizon. I didnt realize they loaded custom firmware. Of course they won't patch it. I have managed to get the firmware on the RBR replaced with current Netgear firmware. However, the RBS is rejecting it as invalid. I've enabled telnet and trolled through the file system looking for any obvious file that is blocking the firmware update and I can find nothing. I know I'm hijacking the thread and I'll happily post elsewhere if that is appropriate but does your firmware bypass the Verizon check? Do you know of a way to bypass or remove that check? Apologies in advance for the protocol break with the post.

Hi folks, I'm in the exact same boat as vader716 other than I haven't tried to flash the RBR. Is there any word on how to flash the RBS with regular Netgear FW?

Wire connect 1 PC to the back of the RBS. The PC will get a IP address from the satellite. The RBS will be 192.168.1.250. Use this IP address in a web browser to log in to the satellites web page. Log in as admin and password. Use the satellites web page FW update feature to select the FW update file that was unpacked from the .zip file. Then factory reset and then re-sync the satellites to the RBR.

Wire connect 1 PC to the back of the RBS. The PC will get a IP address from the satellite. The RBS will be 192.168.1.250. Use this IP address in a web browser to log in to the satellites web page. Log in as admin and password. Use the satellites web page FW update feature to select the FW update file that was unpacked from the .zip file. Then factory reset and then re-sync the satellites to the RBR.

Thanks for replying - I have one question, pardon if it's a stupid one. Is the admin page on the RBS at 192.168.1.250 the same as 192.168.1.2 when the RBS is synced to the RBR?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!