What's new

Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.35SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes i know its in there sence 1/9, I just wondering why Voxel is so surprised that its in there with his words "Hmm 36"?

36? Hmm. Check my downloads. ;)
Voxel.

Wow, thanks for the new firmware! Hope you're enjoying your time away, despite (or maybe because of) the bad internet *smile*.

Yes i know its in there sence 1/9, I just wondering why Voxel is so surprised that its in there with his words "Hmm 36"?

I think that "36? Hmm" was more of a surprise for me than for him *smile*.

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me. I would like to ssh into the router but am unsure how to go about the following:

First, I do not see setssh.tar anywhere on the ftp/file host site. Secondly, I haven't the foggiest about generating the keys that Voxel refers to in his readme.

If anyone could offer some assistance or guidance it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

J

Hi,
I had in mind that RogerSC promised to upgrade his 33SF when 36SF will be released. I've released 36SF, but had no time to issue official announcement.

Don't worry :) I know that 36 is available.

Voxel.

Wow, thanks for the new firmware! Hope you're enjoying your time away, despite (or maybe because of) the bad internet *smile*.

I've got more or less stable connection, but to say true I hate to knock by finger to the screen of my phone w/o usual keyboard.:confused:

Voxel.

I've got more or less stable connection, but to say true I hate to knock by finger to the screen of my phone w/o usual keyboard.:confused:

Voxel.

Yeah, I've thought about bluetooth keyboards, but don't need one often enough to make it worthwhile. Short answers work well, though...we should endeavor to ask "yes/no" questions, rather than ones that require essay-style answers *smile*.

Challenge accepted, just moved up to firmware version 36 *smile*. Doing great, of course.

Thanks again!

I am testing build 36, and have to say so far so good. Painless flash, factory reset, and nice to see QoS actually working on the downstream.

Had an R7000 for some time. Went to an Asus 68U for awhile. Playing with the X4S. Thanks for this custom FW. The only thing I have an issue with in terms of features is whenever it boots it loses the USB drive. I have to unplug it and plug back in. Trying yours. Did the same thing when booting it. This is not a new kind of symptom. Was fixed with RMerlin's Asus FW. Not sure what Netgear is or is not doing in this regard.

Just loaded this on my new X4S so am playing now. Other than the USB drive thing feels very solid and fast.

@ Voxel,

Thanks to last firmware the most stable firmware. it never give up and handles well.

upload_2017-9-11_8-39-5.png

I am counting towards the breaking the record of R7000 of 42 days.

It works fine . At times some wifi devices losses connectivity . i have to disconnect and reconnect. It could be client issue as well. not sure. But rest assured it was cool and stable

I frequently check this forum for update announcements. Would be nice if the site could email me every time there is an update....

upload_2017-9-17_20-34-59.png

Way to go . One of the excellent work.

I frequently check this forum for update announcements. Would be nice if the site could email me every time there is an update....

May be the firmware update directly point to Voxel site . But not sure if that feasible and editable code.

After 34 days 16 hrs the QOS finally breaks.

Time to upgrade to 37F

upload_2017-9-28_13-37-2.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!