What's new

Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.53SF/1.0.2.53SF-KF [Updated]

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi Voxel,

Is the traffic meter is still limited to 6 digits. As my current FUP is 1.4tb i cant set beyond 1tb.

its says server cant be reached.

upload_2018-7-8_19-39-6.png
\

old

New

upload_2018-7-8_19-39-48.png

upload_2018-7-8_19-40-8.png

Hi Voxel,

Is the traffic meter is still limited to 6 digits. As my current FUP is 1.4tb i cant set beyond 1tb.

its says server cant be reached.

View attachment 13640\

old

New

View attachment 13641
View attachment 13642
Yes, Voxel increased the 6 digit limitation to 9 digits (basically 1000 TB, or 1 petabyte). 1.0.2.53SF added full support for it, as before .53, you had to use a telnet/ssh oneliner command to "bypass" the traffic_meter's hardcoded limitation.

Yes, Voxel increased the 6 digit limitation to 9 digits (basically 1000 TB, or 1 petabyte). 1.0.2.53SF added full support for it, as before .53, you had to use a telnet/ssh oneliner command to "bypass" the traffic_meter's hardcoded limitation.

I'm using 53SF-KF, and cannot set a 1TB limit (actually, 1,000,000MB, not quite a TB). I have to use 999,999MB. So I wonder if there's something else I have to do be able to go over 1TB? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what the limit was raised to? Not a big deal, looks odd, and makes me curious *smile*.

I'm using 53SF-KF, and cannot set a 1TB limit (actually, 1,000,000MB, not quite a TB). I have to use 999,999MB. So I wonder if there's something else I have to do be able to go over 1TB? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding what the limit was raised to? Not a big deal, looks odd, and makes me curious *smile*.
Very odd. There is a commit on Voxel's Github that increases Traffic Meter's HTML field value from 6 digits to 9; and a commit that should allow the use of a value above 999,999 MB.

Worst case, this telnet/ssh command created by kamoj should work with 50SF and 53SF-KF.

Very odd. There is a commit on Voxel's Github that increases Traffic Meter's HTML field value from 6 digits to 9; and a commit that should allow the use of a value above 999,999 MB.

Worst case, this telnet/ssh command created by kamoj should work with 50SF and 53SF-KF.

Just checked this out.
Netgear has changed the net-cgi in these regards, so it's broken in 50SF and 53SF-KF.
I tried the same fix as with the disappeared Device Names, and that worked ok.
So, it's a small thing for Voxel to do with next release.

The workaround is still working:
nvram set mon_volumn_limit=999999991

what is the reality speed one can get with paired with A7000 adaptor when compared to Internal Realtek MU-MIMO 2x2 chip. Which currently i get close to 650-700Mbps fluctuating.

Will one be able to surpase the above . its all local transfer speed not ISP net benchmark.

I know usb 3.0 is limited to 5gbps which practically atleast 400MB/s but HDD are limited to only 100-110MB/s even on USB 3.0 But SATA 6GBPS can reach 145MB/s Just 1gbps more

I will be benchmarking the usb 3.1 gen 2 ssd by this week to see if it can hit beyond 6gbps or not.

My point is right. USB 3.0 can reach higher than 100MB/s which is proven in SSD transfer's getting close to 380MB/s

So A7000 does work if its idle positioned with not interferance can reach 860Mbps closer.

Object is to hit 100MB/s or not which it was able to not in a sustained way but still works cool.

May be if the next gen MU-MIMO client like 4x4 could hit beyond that but still LAN is limiting factor on all those devices.

upload_2018-7-19_8-54-32.png
upload_2018-7-19_8-54-36.png
upload_2018-7-19_8-54-41.png
upload_2018-7-19_8-54-53.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-19_8-55-2.png
    upload_2018-7-19_8-55-2.png
    363.5 KB · Views: 568
Thanks for building this...I am having a problem sharing an external drive that's connected to the USB. I am able to see a gateway but not a shared network folder in Win 10

Thanks for building this...I am having a problem sharing an external drive that's connected to the USB. I am able to see a gateway but not a shared network folder in Win 10
Try to do the following:

1. Reboot your Win 10 computer and check after reboot.

2. Try to check accessing by IP as it was rightly advised by thiggins :

Enter in Windows Explorer IP address of your router (e.g. 192.168.1.1):
Code:
\\192.168.1.1

3. Try to map your network drive manually from the command prompt (Run->cmd):
Code:
net use X: \\192.168.1.1\your_share_name
where X: is the drive letter to map, "your_share_name" is the name of ReadySHARE of disc attached to router, "192.168.1.1" is IP of your router.

Voxel.

Last edited:
As long as Netgear is serious about addressing known vulnerabilities, VPNFilter is no more of a threat than any other. It is not using any special sauce to exploit devices, just taking advantage of poor configuration (default credentials) or published security advisories, as the experts have been able to surmise thus far.

excerpt from https://blog.talosintelligence.com/2018/05/VPNFilter.html

"At the time of this publication, we do not have definitive proof on how the threat actor is exploiting the affected devices. However, all of the affected makes/models that we have uncovered had well-known, public vulnerabilities. Since advanced threat actors tend to only use the minimum resources necessary to accomplish their goals, we assess with high confidence that VPNFilter required no zero-day exploitation techniques"

On the other hand, I've heard that this malware continues to be refined and developed, so new routers may be going onto the affected list as time goes on. The R7800 wasn't initially affected, it may be at some point. Good to keep ones eyes open on these things.
I agree but as of now its not effected and still isn't at this time https://kb.netgear.com/000058814/Security-Advisory-for-VPNFilter-Malware-on-Some-NETGEAR-Devices

Oddly I noticed Qualcomm/Annapurna Labs SoC's seem to be not effected, I'm not sure if this is a code thing just from Netgear or these SoC's are just not vulnerable in general. It would be interesting to know more. I agree though its always good to be on the ball with security.

Just checked this out.
Netgear has changed the net-cgi in these regards, so it's broken in 50SF and 53SF-KF.
I tried the same fix as with the disappeared Device Names, and that worked ok.
So, it's a small thing for Voxel to do with next release.

The workaround is still working:
nvram set mon_volumn_limit=999999991
Actually tested this just now. It shows up in the value box, but hitting Apply does indeed result in a 400 HTTP error message. Tested on Voxel's latest, 1.0.2.54SF.

Edit: Just realized that to apply the change, a reboot is needed. My bad :p

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!