What's new

Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.61SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi @Voxel,

First of all I would say thank you for your hard work, really amazing.

I just noticed the same issues as @MinkyMomo with the last firmware... I guess stubby is on. Everything was ok with the 1.0.2.60SF firmware.

First of all I would say thank you for your hard work, really amazing.
OK, thanks for your thanks and for report.

I guess stubby is on. Everything was ok with the 1.0.2.60SF firmware.
But was it really ON? Did you enable it?

I am not sure. Maybe it is necessary to check /var/log/stubby.log before it happens. The size of this log is 272 bytes for my R9000 with stubby (8 days uptime). But 379KB for my R7800 (11 days uptime, different ISPs). Maybe it is too big in your case?

Voxel.

OK, thanks for your thanks and for report.

But was it really ON? Did you enable it?

I am not sure. Maybe it is necessary to check /var/log/stubby.log before it happens. The size of this log is 272 bytes for my R9000 with stubby (8 days uptime). But 379KB for my R7800 (11 days uptime, different ISPs). Maybe it is too big in your case?

Voxel.

I'm just a casual user (without ssh access) and I didn't change anything in your config. I thought stubby was enable by default.

I use your firmware because, you know, Netgear and its updates... I don't need any advanced feature, just something stable and secure.

Anyway I got 2 more cut today (I use Kodi with a DD connected to my router, so I really don't like when it happens :( ), everything was ok before this update. I don't know why, if you need more information, please tell me what to do (I can enable the ssh access if necessary).

Thank you

Anyway I got 2 more cut today (I use Kodi with a DD connected to my router, so I really don't like when it happens :( ), everything was ok before this update. I don't know why, if you need more information, please tell me what to do (I can enable the ssh access if necessary).

Well, so it means that stubby was not working on your router. I do not know what happened. My R7800 is working 12 days and 3 hours. No reboot or reset, about 12 clients... No, ssh access is not needed. It should be stable. Just try to use it and if happens again - reset to factory settings and manual reconfiguration.

Also, it is better to disable ping if enabled in Advanced->Setup->WAN Setup. And UPnP.

Voxel.

I keep getting a 400 Bad Request error when I try to add a static DHCP address (Setup -> LAN Setup).
I didn't check it before I upgraded to 61 so I can't tell if this version broke it or it was broken before.

What browser are you using? Try IE11, FF or Opera...
Be sure to clear out ALL Browser caches before entering into the routers web page.

Adding a Reserved IP address shouldn't be problematic.

I keep getting a 400 Bad Request error when I try to add a static DHCP address (Setup -> LAN Setup).
I didn't check it before I upgraded to 61 so I can't tell if this version broke it or it was broken before.

I tried with chrome & edge, but both give the same error.
I click on the 'Add' button, choose a device from the list and click the green 'Add'

I click on the 'Add' button, choose a device from the list and click the green 'Add'

Using 61SF here and ip reservation is working just fine. I set up the router using Chrome.

This might be a good time to do a factory reset and set up from scratch and try again. Possible you might want to do a re-load of FW and reset and setup from scratch as well. If you do, use Edge browser to apply the FW update.

I managed to create the static DHCP only when I entered the details manually, without choosing from the device list.
Thanks for the help though

Using 61SF here and ip reservation is working just fine. I set up the router using Chrome.
OHT is right, I could reproduce the problem. Most probably it is a bug in the net-cgi from 1.0.2.58.

Voxel.

Last edited:
What version of stock FW did you revert back too? Netgear v1.0.2.60
What uPnP enabled on Voxels FW? Tried both disabling and re-enabling it, no cigar
Did you try any of the Port configurations mentioned in the ATT FAQ? Tried port forwarding and tested the firewall with no luck. Didn't need to do any of that with the stock FW

Also, the QoS speedtest feature doesn't work while under Voxel's version.

What version of stock FW did you revert back too?
What uPnP enabled on Voxels FW?
Did you try any of the Port configurations mentioned in the ATT FAQ?
How do you mean the QoS doesn't work?

Also, the QoS speedtest feature doesn't work while under Voxel's version.

What version of stock FW did you revert back too?
What uPnP enabled on Voxels FW?
Did you try any of the Port configurations mentioned in the ATT FAQ?
How do you mean the QoS doesn't work?
Sorry, my reply wasn' very clear:
Reverted back to Netgear v1.0.2.60
Yes, tried disabling and re-enabling PnP and no cigar.
Tried port forwarding and tested the firewall with no luck. Didn't need to do any of that with the stock FW

The QoS speed test (test speed button) gave me an error that the bandwidth couldn't be calculated. Works fine when I went back to the stock FW.

Ok, this is good information that Voxel needs to know about.

Thanks for the info.

Sorry, my reply wasn' very clear:
Reverted back to Netgear v1.0.2.60
Yes, tried disabling and re-enabling PnP and no cigar.
Tried port forwarding and tested the firewall with no luck. Didn't need to do any of that with the stock FW

The QoS speed test (test speed button) gave me an error that the bandwidth couldn't be calculated. Works fine when I went back to the stock FW.

@Kal-EL, most of my devices are ok, only one that disconnects randomly is my Samsung "smart" tv; and it usually happens when on Netflix.

@e38BimmerFN when on the Voxel fw, couldn't ping any of AT&T's servers and supposedly ports 500 and 143 were closed, but I reeally doubt they were, even though some of my devices thought so. I was able to hit my test IMAP server, so who knows?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!