What's new

Voxel Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.62SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

managed to compile it with a statically linked openssl 1.1.1.1
Statically - well. It is possible. I have no time to check the link you refer, but I understand this idea.

OK, but not right now. Too many changes in the next release already. I am overloaded. Moreover, stubby dependence are changed recently (few days ago) so it also requires significant testing/checking. Your request is added into my 2do list.

Voxel.

I recently upgraded my R7800 running DD WRT Kong's build to Voxel's latest build. The download and upload speed has increased by 10% - 15% but the stability of 5GHZ band has decreased. I am experiencing frequent wifi disconnection at 15 feets from the router. Moreover, every now and then the device gets disconnected and wifi disappears. This happens only with 5GHZ band. I have tried resetting the router too but the issue isn't fixed. Same is the case with default Netgear FW.
Interesting... I know such problems with stock 1.0.2.60 and 1.0.2.58 but because of this I did not use this part from these releases.

Well, I know that many people are facing problems with Wi-Fi stability after changing from DD-WRT (to stock or my build). There was remedy to perform a format of overlay partition. Try to google it re: how. Maybe it is your case.

Voxel.

Statically - well. It is possible. I have no time to check the link you refer, but I understand this idea.

OK, but not right now. Too many changes in the next release already. I am overloaded. Moreover, stubby dependence are changed recently (few days ago) so it also requires significant testing/checking. Your request is added into my 2do list.

Voxel.

I completely understand, just happy it's on the todo list. Thanks! :)

Hi, switched to 63SF, adjusted settings, will report there if any DC happen. Something new appeared here though ACK Scan which was not in 62.

[ QUOTE]
[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 162.125.34.138, port 443, Sunday, February 03, 2019 12:34:28
[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 188.172.221.71, port 5938, Sunday, February 03, 2019 12:33:38
[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 188.172.221.71, port 5938, Sunday, February 03, 2019 12:33:37
[DoS Attack: ACK Scan] from source: 162.125.34.138, port 443, Sunday, February 03, 2019 12:33:35
[Internet connected] IP address: XXXX, Sunday, February 03, 2019 12:33:30
[Initialized, firmware version: V1.0.2.63SF] Sunday, February 03, 2019 12:33:25
[/QUOTE]

I'm on Voxel 1.0.2.63SF on my R7800 and have problems with Cloudflare IPv6. It works fine for ipV4 but after a while with Cloudflare IPv6 set it starts to take very long to resolve ipv6 and sometimes it times out completely. I have asked about this in another thread: https://is.gd/Yh7aM7, but the answers there are inconclusive I have tried with three other DNS providers who offers IPv6 and there's no such problems, both IPv4 and 6 stays functional over time, but with Cloudflare IPv6 resolves get stuck or times out after a while, usually after a day or so.

It would be very interesting to see if someone could reproduce this.

Continuation of
. . .
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/custom-firmware-build-for-r7800-v-1-0-2-61sf.49358/

New version of my custom firmware build: 1.0.2.62SF.

Changes (vs 1.0.2.61SF):

1. OpenSSL package is upgraded 1.0.2p->1.0.2q.
2. DNSCrypt Proxy v.2 (2.0.19) is included into firmware:
to enable DNSCrypt Proxy v.2 run the commands from telnet/ssh console:​
nvram set dnscrypt2=1
nvram commit

and reboot your router;​
to disable DNSCrypt Proxy v.2 run the commands from telnet/ssh console:​
nvram set dnscrypt2=0
nvram commit

and reboot your router.​
3. ipset package and its dependences are added into firmware.
4. unbound package (used in stubby) is upgraded 1.8.1->1.8.3.
5. wget package is upgraded 1.19.5->1.20.
6. util-linux package is upgraded 2.32.1->2.33.
7. haveged package is upgraded 1.9.2->1.9.4.
8. ethtool package is upgaded 4.18->4.19.
9. libjpeg package is upgraded 9a->9c.
10. curl package is upgraded 7.61.1->7.62.0.
11. libgcrypt package is upgraded 1.8.3->1.8.4.
12. libubox package is upgraded 2018-07-25->2018-11-16.
13. sqlite package is upgraded 3240000->3250300.
14. jq package is upgraded 1.5->1.6.

The link is:

https://www.voxel-firmware.com (thanks to vladlenas for his help with hosting).

NOTES:

1. stubby (DNS-Over-TLS) is already included into firmware. To enable stubby run the commands from telnet/ssh console:
nvram set stubby=1
nvram commit
and reboot your router; to disable stubby run the commands from telnet/ssh console:
nvram set stubby=0
nvram commit
and reboot your router. Currently it is configured to use Cloudflare servers (DoT). You may customize your config file:

/etc/stubby/stubby.yml

2. DNSCrypt Proxy v.2 is already included into firmware. To enable DNSCrypt Proxy v.2 run the commands from telnet/ssh console:
nvram set dnscrypt2=1
nvram commit
and reboot your router;
to disable DNSCrypt Proxy v.2 run the commands from telnet/ssh console:
nvram set dnscrypt2=0
nvram commit
and reboot your router. Currently is is configured to use Cloudflare, ipredator, scaleway-fr, dnscrypt.eu-nl, dnscrypt.eu-dk. You may customize your config file /etc/dnscrypt-proxy-2.toml to add/remove your selected servers.

3. If both (stubby and DNSCrypt Proxy v.2) are enabled, stubby has highest priority (it will shutdown all dnscrypt (v1 and v2)). DNSCrypt Proxy v1 if still used has lowest priority.

Voxel.
Can DoT be disabled while still keeping the benefits of Unbound on my 9000? My new ISP doesn't like DoT. Unbound works fine on my ASUS 3100 as an add-on, but DoT is disabled. Trying to get extra security on my 9000 as best I can and be compatible with ISP.

Can DoT be disabled while still keeping the benefits of Unbound on my 9000? My new ISP doesn't like DoT. Unbound works fine on my ASUS 3100 as an add-on, but DoT is disabled. Trying to get extra security on my 9000 as best I can and be compatible with ISP.
Currently I am using stubby (i.e. DoT) and unbound is not included (as a tool). But only libunbound used by stubby. So currently: no, sorry.

Voxel.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!