What's new

Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.65SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

If I upgrade to any later version, the router will - after five or six days of uptime - begin dumping all ethernet connections (including the WAN) simultaneously and randomly.

I have a similar problem. Yesterday I had to restart the router because the ISP’s Internet connection was gone.

OK, thanks for info. I leave one of my R7800 in peace (no reboot). Waiting.

Unfortunately I could not reproduce with one from my R7800. It is still with 65SF. Uptime:

Code:
07:38:17 up 7 days, 15:41, load average: 4.00, 4.01, 4.04

Voxel.

Unfortunately I could not reproduce with one from my R7800. It is still with 65SF. Uptime:

Code:
07:38:17 up 7 days, 15:41, load average: 4.00, 4.01, 4.04

Voxel.
Thanks for trying. I have upgraded to .66 and have just encountered the problem again after 5 days and 20 hours of uptime, so will revert to .62 and leave it alone.

So odd. I just loaded 66SF... I usually leave my router up forever so can report back here.

So my R7800 with .66 on it seems to have hung. lights are on but could not connect to physical LAN ports or wireless. ..had to reset it. This will be the first time its hung in my ownership of it.. I have NG firmware on it .62 and then before this Voxel .63.. Will keep an eye on it. Uptime was like 3 weeks I think,..since my post above.

Just curious to know why the WiFi region is set for Africa?
Router Information Router:R7800, HW_ID:#+0+128+512+4x4+4x4+cascade, SN:#. Region:NA (0x0001), Language:Eng,SP,PR,FR,GR,IT. WiFi Region:Africa
Is there any differences between Africa and NorthAmerica?
Is this expected defaults for Voxels FW?
Is there a way to change wifi regions if needed?

Change it in GUI:
http://www.routerlogin.net: Advanced: Setup: Wireless Setup: Region:

Just curious to know why the WiFi region is set for Africa?
Router Information Router:R7800, HW_ID:#+0+128+512+4x4+4x4+cascade, SN:#. Region:NA (0x0001), Language:Eng,SP,PR,FR,GR,IT. WiFi Region:Africa
Is there any differences between Africa and NorthAmerica?
Is this expected defaults for Voxels FW?

Is there a way to change wifi regions if needed?

Thank you Kamoj. I looked at the UI and it was set for North America. Thought I was using the 7800 in bridge mode and Smart connect and all but the 5GHz radios disabled. Your add-on reported Africa. After returning the 7800 to router mode and enabling 2.4Ghz and Smart connect and rebooting, your add-on now reports WiFi Region:United, I presume this means United States? Or United Kingdom?
I see Region:NA (0x0001) which I presume means North America?
Possible field display length in the browser for WiFi region is begin cut off. I see this in two different browsers.

I should have posted this your add-on thread. :rolleyes:

A revamped addon is on the way. I'll look into this issue before releasing that - of course.
But at the moment my efforts are mainly to finish 2 new addons.
Thank you for reporting!
Thank you Kamoj. I looked at the UI and it was set for North America. Thought I was using the 7800 in bridge mode and Smart connect and all but the 5GHz radios disabled. Your add-on reported Africa. After returning the 7800 to router mode and enabling 2.4Ghz and Smart connect and rebooting, your add-on now reports WiFi Region:United, I presume this means United States? Or United Kingdom?
I see Region:NA (0x0001) which I presume means North America?
Possible field display length in the browser for WiFi region is begin cut off. I see this in two different browsers.

I should have posted this your add-on thread. :rolleyes:

Ok no worries. I was curious about that. Other then that, the addon is GREAT. Love it. I wish Mfrs would incorporate that information into there stock FW. It so nice knowing what the router is actually doing and how it's working. THANK YOU. ;)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!