What's new

Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.68SF

Voxel

Very Senior Member
Do you know where libflac is(should be) located? I've tried "find / -name libflac" and no results were found.
I'm using minidlna from R7800. I don't think miniupnpd is even running.

Thanks
Code:
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           16 Aug 28 21:38 /usr/lib/libFLAC.so -> libFLAC.so.8.3.0
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           16 Aug 28 21:38 /usr/lib/libFLAC.so.8 -> libFLAC.so.8.3.0
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       177131 Aug 28 21:26 /usr/lib/libFLAC.so.8.3.0
minidlna dependence:

Code:
 0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libiconv.so.2]
 0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libjpeg.so.9]
 0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libid3tag.so.0]
 0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libsqlite3.so.0]
 0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libavformat.so.57]
 0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libavutil.so.55]
 0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libexif.so.12]
 0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libFLAC.so.8]
 0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libavahi-client.so.3]
 0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libavahi-common.so.3]
 0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libpthread.so.0]
 0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libgcc_s.so.1]
 0x00000001 (NEEDED)                     Shared library: [libc.so.0]
Checking what shared libraries are needed is a part of my testing during release. So above is output for /usr/sbin/minidlnad. libFLAC.so.8 is used by R7800 minidlna.

Voxel.
 

Blade

Occasional Visitor
Thanks, I was searching for libflac instead of libFLAC and thought that those were not on my system, when it did not found any.
They are indeed in /usr/lib/
 

kamoj

Very Senior Member
Code:
[email protected]:/$ /hipplay/usr/bin/find / -iname libflac*
/rom/usr/lib/libFLAC.so
/rom/usr/lib/libFLAC.so.8
/rom/usr/lib/libFLAC.so.8.3.0
/rom/usr/lib/opkg/info/libflac.control
/rom/usr/lib/opkg/info/libflac.list
/usr/lib/libFLAC.so
/usr/lib/libFLAC.so.8
/usr/lib/libFLAC.so.8.3.0
/usr/lib/opkg/info/libflac.control
/usr/lib/opkg/info/libflac.list
Do you know where libflac is(should be) located? I've tried "find / -name libflac" and no results were found.
I'm using minidlna from R7800. I don't think miniupnpd is even running.

Thanks
 

htismaqe

Very Senior Member
I know this isn't specific to Voxel's firmwares, but is there any other way to set the device type and names? The GUI seems to have problems with about 1/2 of my devices where I can't update the settings in the Attached Devices list.
I have the same problem with Voxel's latest, V1.0.2.72SF. A little annoying.
 

LeKeiser

Regular Contributor
I know it's easy to say. I I have +25 devices connected (Ethernet and WiFi) and I don't have any problem to name them. I'm using the 72SF firmware.
 

htismaqe

Very Senior Member
Anything you're doing that's unique? Are you using short names with a certain number or type of characters, like 8 characters and no specials or anything like that? I'm going to try flashing again as well but can't do that right now.
 

LeKeiser

Regular Contributor
Mmmhh... Nope. Some names are short. Others are 8+ characters. I'm not using special character. And I always install the updates without reseting anything.
 

microchip

Very Senior Member
Same here, on .72SF no issues at all renaming devices
 

RMinNJ

Regular Contributor
I think someone on the NG forums mentioned that having certain characters in your password was causing issues with this page? I know for me if unplug my hardwired roku from the lan port the page works. Definitely the most buggy page in the firmware in my opinion.
 

htismaqe

Very Senior Member
I already fixed the password issue - once I reduced it to 12 characters and no specials, I stopped getting endless login prompts. The only special character I have right now is dash but some of my names are over 12 characters. When I get a chance, I'm gonna reset to factory defaults and start over. Shut everything down and connect devices one by one to see if I can isolate the issue.
 

htismaqe

Very Senior Member
I think I have it fixed. I went in to my DHCP reservations and changed all of the entires to numbers. So like 192.168.1.20 I changed to "20". After that, they all seem to be working. Why that would have any effect I'm not sure since Attached Devices / Access Control uses whatever name the device itself reports.
 

Sign Up For SNBForums Daily Digest

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!
Top