What's new

Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.69SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Use case: Laptop which can connect to router by Ethernet or WiFi. Want to ensure the laptop has the same IP address, but that's not an option in the LAN Setup/Address Reservation configuration. Any way to do this?

Did you select the "Add" button at the bottom of the screen?

Wifi entry - please explain.

The LAN Address Reservation section is so the router will assign a specific IP address to a specific MAC. The WiFi adapter and Ethernet apdapterhave two different MACs. You can't have two entries for the same IP to two different MACs.

The LAN Address Reservation section is so the router will assign a specific IP address to a specific MAC. The WiFi adapter and Ethernet apdapterhave two different MACs. You can't have two entries for the same IP to two different MACs.
That is correct - you can reserve an IP address for a MAC address of a device. So yes you would have to reserve an IP address for each MAC.

That is correct - you can reserve an IP address for a MAC address of a device. So yes you would have to reserve an IP address for each MAC.

That's the problem. I'd like to keep my IP the same when switching from Ethernet to WiFi and vice-versa. The only thing I can think of doing on the laptop side would be to force the MAC of the Ethernet to be the same as the WiFi. I'm guessing as long as both aren't active at the same time on the same network, it might work. I also think there might be a way to play with dnsmasq to set an IP address assignment with priority. E.g., WiFi MAC has priority over Ethernet MAC for a given IP address assignment, but I have no idea how to do it.

That's the problem. I'd like to keep my IP the same when switching from Ethernet to WiFi and vice-versa. The only thing I can think of doing on the laptop side would be to force the MAC of the Ethernet to be the same as the WiFi. I'm guessing as long as both aren't active at the same time on the same network, it might work. I also think there might be a way to play with dnsmasq to set an IP address assignment with priority. E.g., WiFi MAC has priority over Ethernet MAC for a given IP address assignment, but I have no idea how to do it.
That's interesting, not sure if you can clone the MAC address of the wifi adapter to be the same as the ethernet adapter on this router.

That's interesting, not sure if you can clone the MAC address of the wifi adapter to be the same as the ethernet adapter on this router.

You wouldn't clone it on the router. You'd override the MAC in the adapter driver properties in Windows.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/disabling-firefoxs-automatic-switch-to-doh.58910/#post-515033

Guess we'll have to be concerned about this on NG/Voxel too if using DoT.

DNSCrypt 2.0.27 really should fix this. 2.0.27 is already included into my codes:

https://github.com/SVoxel/R7800/commit/6a4af75f52466428f45474f71782c2b87e24177e

and it displays in its log (my internal beta):

Code:
[2019-09-12 09:03:08] [NOTICE] dnscrypt-proxy 2.0.27
[2019-09-12 09:03:08] [NOTICE] Network connectivity detected
[2019-09-12 09:03:10] [NOTICE] Source [public-resolvers.md] loaded
[2019-09-12 09:03:10] [NOTICE] Firefox workaround initialized
[2019-09-12 09:03:10] [NOTICE] Now listening to 127.0.0.1:64153 [UDP]
[2019-09-12 09:03:10] [NOTICE] Now listening to 127.0.0.1:64153 [TCP]
[2019-09-12 09:03:10] [NOTICE] Now listening to [::1]:64153 [UDP]
[2019-09-12 09:03:10] [NOTICE] Now listening to [::1]:64153 [TCP]
. . .

Voxel.

Props to Voxel for this firmware. I just purchased the r7800 and installed Voxel’s latest f/w. Amazing performance thus far. Question for a r7800 newbie....

Do I need to install any packages in the r7800 folder or is just the firmware good enough?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!