What's new

Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.75.1SF & v. 1.0.2.75.2SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

upload_2020-4-12_16-52-46.png

i unchecked and try to re-check but its not allowing. Is there anything specific to this.

I disabled vpn service on mobile browser and while re-enabling it did show error message 400 bad request.

I did tried changing the protocol and it now applied and enabled. May be some temporary issue.

Now its enabled . Yet to test it though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm having problems with Facebook loading images and comments. This happened in the past few days. I've played with certain settings, but can't find the magic setting that fixes the problem. I think making IPv6 Filtering to Open looks like it fixes it for a few minutes, but the issue comes back. Any advice? V1.0.2.75.2SF

Last edited:
I was trying to get maximum speed of openvpn is there a way to see connected vpn clients in webgui I believe I have seen somewhere can't remember.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Okay... I purchased a new R7800 and am trying to maneuver into Entware for the first time. It's been a while since I fiddled with Linux.

Following Voxels readme, so far I have
1) Generated Dropbear Key in Appendix A. I have not backed up to my USB Drive because I have not "mounted" it yet.

In the process of setting up Entware (I have one USB drive plugged in. It's a 120GB SSD in an enclosure)

I have Prepared the drive with Ext4 via the directions. I also ran the tunefs command due to me having an r7800.

I want to untar the entware-cortexa-15-3x-initial.tar in the root of my USB drive, but I have no idea how to mount it, change directory to it, or whatever I need to do to get to it.

I did try mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1 but I guess that is wrong.

Any ideas? Am i overthinking/overlooking something?

Do worry about doing the dropbear or back up. You can skip that.
Do this first is what seemed to work best for me. Format the drive in Windows for NTFS. Then install or plug into USB port on router. Enable Telnet under 192.168.#.1/debug.htm. Run telnet program and log in. Run the following command: umount /mnt/sda1. Proceed to format the drive to ext4:
mkfs.ext4 -L optware /dev/sda1
or
mkfs.ext4 -L optware -O ^metadata_csum /dev/sda1

You can follow along here too:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/r...ft-on-device-trying-to-install-entware.62965/
Okay... I purchased a new R7800 and am trying to maneuver into Entware for the first time. It's been a while since I fiddled with Linux.

Following Voxels readme, so far I have
1) Generated Dropbear Key in Appendix A. I have not backed up to my USB Drive because I have not "mounted" it yet.

In the process of setting up Entware (I have one USB drive plugged in. It's a 120GB SSD in an enclosure)

I have Prepared the drive with Ext4 via the directions. I also ran the tunefs command due to me having an r7800.

I want to untar the entware-cortexa-15-3x-initial.tar in the root of my USB drive, but I have no idea how to mount it, change directory to it, or whatever I need to do to get to it.

I did try mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1 but I guess that is wrong.

Any ideas? Am i overthinking/overlooking something?

Last edited:
Changed. Thanks.

@Voxel

I've written a custom script and I'd like it to auto-start at boot as the last service. I know these scripts live in /etc/init.d and /etc/rc.d but I'm unable to make it start as last one. How to achieve this?

@Voxel

I've written a custom script and I'd like it to auto-start at boot as the last service. I know these scripts live in /etc/init.d and /etc/rc.d but I'm unable to make it start as last one. How to achieve this?

OK, I figured it out. Disregard question

Check for example init script for WebCam add-on:

Code:
#!/bin/sh /etc/rc.common
START=96
STOP=10
start() {
    echo "Starting mjpg_streamer..."
    killall mjpeg_streamer 2> /dev/null
    /usr/bin/mjpg_streamer -b -i "input_uvc.so -r 864x480 -f 30" -o "output_http.so -p 8080 -w /usr/share/mjpg-streamer"
}
stop() {
    echo "Stopping mjpg_streamer..."
    killall mjpg_streamer
    echo "Done."
}

Magic for you is:

1. "START=96". It is start priority. Last start should be 99. I.e. "START=99"
2. Name of the script. Very very last should be named as e.g. "zzzzz-my-script". With the same priority 99. I.e. aaaa-my-script with priority 99 will be started before zzzz-my-script".
3. After creation this script you should make it executable and you should enable it:

Code:
/etc/init.d/zzzz-my-script enable

It shoud crate the symlinks in /etc/rc.d

S99zzzz-my-script

and

K10zzzz-my-script

i.e. Start with 99 priority order and Kill with 10 priority order.

Voxel.

My script is called slaac that provides stateless IPv6 to my Android devices that don't support DHCPv6.

What I did is: I added START=99 and STOP=10 to the script (it has already the start() and stop() and restart() functions so it's ready to go). I inserted a sleep of 12 seconds at the top so as to get enough time to get the IPv6 prefix and kill radvd that is auto-started my NETGEAR firmware with a different config file

Then I cd /etc/rc.d
and did: ln -sf ../init.d/slaac S99slaac

Rebooted a few times to test and it works perfectly

My script is called slaac that provides stateless IPv6 to my Android devices that don't support DHCPv6.

What I did is: I added START=99 and STOP=10 to the script (it has already the start() and stop() and restart() functions so it's ready to go). I inserted a sleep of 12 seconds at the top so as to get enough time to get the IPv6 prefix and kill radvd that is auto-started my NETGEAR firmware with a different config file

Then I cd /etc/rc.d
and did: ln -sf ../init.d/slaac S99slaac

Rebooted a few times to test and it works perfectly

Steps are correct of course. Just after creation your /etc/init.d/slaac if you would run

Code:
/etc/init.d/slaac enable

it would create such a link automatically.

In general I prefer to add such script into Entware i.e. /opt/etc/init.d There is a right tendency to keep the NAND and to use USB flash drive for such stuffs.

Example: I need to turn off all the LEDS for my R7800. I have the script /opt/etc/init.d/S90led-off

Code:
#!/bin/sh
prefix="/opt"
PATH=${prefix}/bin:${prefix}/sbin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
start() {
    echo "Turn off Power LED..."
    /sbin/ledcontrol -n power -c green -s  off
    }
stop() {
    echo "Turn on Power LED..."
    /sbin/ledcontrol -n power -c green -s  on
    }
case "$1" in
    start)
        start
        ;;
    stop)
        stop
        ;;
    *)
        echo "Usage: $0 (start|stop)"
        exit 1
        ;;
esac
exit 0

and it is started very last. Not using internal NAND RAM.

P.S.
Hint. Adding the "sleep" into init script could be reason for delay of all the process of reboot. It is better to start you sleep and following command(s) inst background. I.e. adding "&". You are experienced so you understand what I mean. Example: I start my /mnt/optware/autorun/scripts/post-mount.sh from another script de facto as:

Code:
/mnt/sda1/autorun/scripts/post-mount.sh sda1 &

thus rest part of "another script" just continues. W/o delay.

Just a hint.

Voxel.

Good idea, but I don't mind the sleep of 12 to delay start of other processes. I just need to auto-start slaac at boot time (and kill NG's radvd so I can use my own config) and I rarely reboot the router except for upgrades. From the few reboots I did, it didn't take long for the router to fully be operational

I also followed your advice to use "enable" instead of ln -sf the script

I'm having problems with Facebook loading images and comments. This happened in the past few days. I've played with certain settings, but can't find the magic setting that fixes the problem. I think making IPv6 Filtering to Open looks like it fixes it for a few minutes, but the issue comes back. Any advice? V1.0.2.75.2SF
I changed my IPV6 from 6to4tunnel to pass through and it seems to be better, I'll need to keep testing long term . I read somewhere that 6to4tunnel was the way to go. My ISP is only IPv4. Any advice on this?

I changed my IPV6 from 6to4tunnel to pass through and it seems to be better, I'll need to keep testing long term . I read somewhere that 6to4tunnel was the way to go. My ISP is only IPv4. Any advice on this?

6to4tunnel is not always reliable as it depends on a working v6 relay node to translate. I used it in the past before my ISP handed out IPv6 addresses and often had issues due to not working relays

OK, I've done my job now.
Tested working good for the R7800, but not as fast as OpenVPN: 70 Mbps vs 120 Mbps.
So now it's up to you to help testing the add-on with the superior R9000! ;)
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/kamoj-add-on-5-1-beta-testing-poll.62315/page-5#post-574407
Similar plans (GCC 9.3.0) for R9000 and Orbi firmware. Testing now. To say true it was a headache to fix all problems. Intermediate internal beta releases using GCC 5.5.0->7.5.0->8.4.0...

So, could you please test it?

https://voxel-firmware.com/Downloads/Voxel/html/r7800.html ---> WireGuard folder.

You know how to install and it ;).

Voxel.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!