What's new

Custom firmware build for R7800 v. 1.0.2.75.1SF & v. 1.0.2.75.2SF

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Also, one last question. An RNDIS modem I own doesn't work on linux unless /sys/bus/usb/devices/$usb_port/bConfigurationValue is set to 3. by default it's set to 1. however whenever I run echo 3 > /sys/bus/usb/devices/3-1/bConfigurationValue it will say write error: invalid argument and when I edit with vim it'll say Fsync failed. I have write permission for that file so I'm not understanding why it isn't working.

How can I configure bConfigurationValue to default to 3 instead of 1 for a particular VID : PID? or just manually configure it?

Again, thanks for the work you do.

Thanks for the information. Is there a specific reason this is built with soft float instead of pure hard float? I understand that softfp is still faster than soft but I was simply wondering why not just hard float as softfp still has some theoretical overhead even when using hardware fp

The same reason. I have to use also pre-built binaries from the stock firmware. See:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/c...r-r7800-v-1-0-2-54sf.47947/page-2#post-420833

for details.

Also, one last question. An RNDIS modem I own doesn't work on linux unless /sys/bus/usb/devices/$usb_port/bConfigurationValue is set to 3. by default it's set to 1. however whenever I run echo 3 > /sys/bus/usb/devices/3-1/bConfigurationValue it will say write error: invalid argument and when I edit with vim it'll say Fsync failed. I have write permission for that file so I'm not understanding why it isn't working.

How can I configure bConfigurationValue to default to 3 instead of 1 for a particular VID : PID? or just manually configure it?

Again, thanks for the work you do.

Modem. If you are playing with such modem and it does not work by default (it should be processed during router reboot only when your cable is not connected to WAN port) your should perform some investigation. I was able to test three or four models only and they are working.

First, check the file /etc/init.d/modem re: how I do that. Init script to process CDC_ETHER/RNDIS modems. It tries to load kernel modules for CDC_ETHER and RNDIS.
Second, important in this scheme is use of command "usbmode -s".
Third is that usbmode had the data file /etc/usb-mode.json check it if your model is there i.e. is supported. Also this usb-mode.json contains the values "config" for some of models. You case is that it should be set as far as I understand to "3".
Fourth. There are two kernel modules loaded during boot. They are needed for NG's printer support. They could be a problem for detection CDC/RNDIS at least I had to disable their load for R7500 and for Orbi. Currently for my modem with R7800 they are not obstacle... But maybe for your modem.

Normal situation after loading cdc_ether and rndis is messages displayed by dmesg such as:

Code:
cdc_ether 3-1.1:1.0 eth2: register 'cdc_ether' at usb-xhci-hcd.1.auto-1.1, CDC Ethernet Device,
usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_ether

usbcore: registered new interface driver rndis_host

Scheme should be to perform step-by-step commands from /etc/init.d/mode and check what dmesg displays after each step. Manual work.

Voxel.

Hello, all,
since two years I used voxel's firmware and works very good.
My question is that since the FW 1.0.7.1 I can't upload any file using readyCloud. After 112kb it said "connexion error" and the upload stop.
Never seen any question or answer about it on this forum, reset and manually restore config do not work.
The only difference that I see is : minidlna package is upgraded 1.2.1->1.2.1-2018-04-10 from 1.0.2.70SF to 1.0.2.72SF.
Somebody have the same issue ? (and how to resolve it :)).
Thank you for your answer and sorry for my bad English.

The same reason. I have to use also pre-built binaries from the stock firmware. See:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/c...r-r7800-v-1-0-2-54sf.47947/page-2#post-420833

for details.

Modem. If you are playing with such modem and it does not work by default (it should be processed during router reboot only when your cable is not connected to WAN port) your should perform some investigation. I was able to test three or four models only and they are working.

First, check the file /etc/init.d/modem re: how I do that. Init script to process CDC_ETHER/RNDIS modems. It tries to load kernel modules for CDC_ETHER and RNDIS.
Second, important in this scheme is use of command "usbmode -s".
Third is that usbmode had the data file /etc/usb-mode.json check it if your model is there i.e. is supported. Also this usb-mode.json contains the values "config" for some of models. You case is that it should be set as far as I understand to "3".
Fourth. There are two kernel modules loaded during boot. They are needed for NG's printer support. They could be a problem for detection CDC/RNDIS at least I had to disable their load for R7500 and for Orbi. Currently for my modem with R7800 they are not obstacle... But maybe for your modem.

Normal situation after loading cdc_ether and rndis is messages displayed by dmesg such as:

Code:
cdc_ether 3-1.1:1.0 eth2: register 'cdc_ether' at usb-xhci-hcd.1.auto-1.1, CDC Ethernet Device,
usbcore: registered new interface driver cdc_ether

usbcore: registered new interface driver rndis_host

Scheme should be to perform step-by-step commands from /etc/init.d/mode and check what dmesg displays after each step. Manual work.

Voxel.

I hope you are doing well in these uncertain times and I appreciate the work you do so I'll be sure to donate what I can in a little bit.

Is there a way to "flash" .img firmware files from ssh itself or is it automated only by the web interface?

Also, while the router IPv6 is set to passthrough mode, is there a way to allow the programs/daemons on the linux system in the router itself to still access IPv6? I've tried configuring link-local addresses on the router and set what I think is the right default route but it still won't work. How can I have IPv6 passthrough while still allowing the router to have it's own working IPv6?

Voxel, again, I thank you a LOT for your hardwork and dedication!! And you're always here responding to our questions. Really, you impress me all the time :)

Somebody have the same issue ? (and how to resolve it :)).
I've tried. Really so. But regarding:

The only difference that I see is : minidlna package is upgraded 1.2.1->1.2.1-2018-04-10 from 1.0.2.70SF to 1.0.2.72SF.
There could be an internal silent upgrade. ReadyCLOUD checks the existence of new version from NG site every reboot and as far as I remember it was still so in 1.0.2.72SF. So there was a new version of ReadyCLOUD from NG. Currently it is 20191014 i.e. 14 Oct 2019...

Sorry, I do not control ReadyCLOUD: it is purely NG add-on. In binary. To say true I do not use it and do not like such add-ons from NG. My privacy depends on third party... Better to use something like VPN or SSH access... IMO.

Voxel.

Last edited:
Is there a way to "flash" .img firmware files from ssh itself or is it automated only by the web interface?
Probably yes, but I did not dig this direction.

IPv6: cannot help. My ISP does not support it.

I appreciate the work you do so I'll be sure to donate what I can in a little bit.
It is really not necessary. There is very hard time for everybody. Worldwide. So better keep it for your family.

Wishing health to everybody,

Voxel.

I've tried. Really so. But regarding:

There could be an internal silent upgrade. ReadyCLOUD checks the existence of new version from NG site every reboot and as far as I remember it was still so in 1.0.2.72SF. So there was a new version of ReadyCLOUD from NG. Currently it is 20191014 i.e. 14 Oct 2019...

Sorry, I do not control ReadyCLOUD: it is purely NG add-on. In binary. To say true I do not use it and do not like such add-ons from NG. My privacy depends on third party... Better to use something like VPN or SSH access... IMO.

Voxel.
Thank you Voxel for your answer.
I will see for another solution without ReadyCloud.
Keep up the great work and take care of yourself.

Never mind. Don't know why but a reboot of the router cleared out what I'm thinking is the DHCP pool and now can access the NAS.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!