What's new

CUSTOM/FORK RMERLIN FIRMWARE

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that Asus and Merlin is capped at 100%= 80mw so what is your firmware without running any commands is it the same or higher ?

If i decide to try this would setting the power to 180% be ok or is that just to much and burn the radios out ? I only use 5Ghz here 2.4 is disabled because of way to many other Ap in the area.

Last edited:
http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showpost.php?p=157540&postcount=50

I didnt have yet the opportunity to test it but my thoughts are these:

> 100% will be ignored by the FW, only lower values will be accepted, i will do some testings when i have some spare time and i will let you know.

You can do it easily, use WIFI Analyser (Android) or inSSIDer on your notebook and do a measure with different settings, 10%, 100%, 200%, 300% and see if its just like i think it is.

Last edited:
I know that Asus and Merlin is capped at 100%= 80mw so what is your firmware without running any commands is it the same or higher ?

If i decide to try this would setting the power to 180% be ok or is that just to much and burn the radios out ? I only use 5Ghz here 2.4 is disabled because of way to many other Ap in the area.

question.

why do asus cap at 80mw when the EU limit is 200mw and even higher for higher channels?

Not all regions of EU, in my country the maximum allowed is 100mW, it depends on the specific region.

Is this a differnt Firmware?

100% = 316mW

Ive read through this tread and still not sure, I loaded Asus/Merlin firmware 376 49_4 from Mirlin download page and installed. Works great, The firmware on this tread has same number 376 49_4 is it the updated with the new code.

Thanks
Sam

Not all regions of EU, in my country the maximum allowed is 100mW, it depends on the specific region.

Wait a second, apparently according to one or two guys in the other thread all of EU agreed.

So I guess that isnt the case right?

Not sure what you mean, please rephrase.

Rephrase

Not sure what you mean, please rephrase.

Does 376.49_4 Have the new TX power changes already in this version, I upgraded about a week ago to to to this firmware and these features are not working. Thanks

Regards Sam

Then you didn't follow the full instructions, please read the first post.

Thank you hggomes for RT-N18 build it's a nice replacement for RT-N16.
Have you tested that build on a real router, just wonder.

Best regards
Octopus

Yes RT-N18U its a great router, special for the price. :)

Sure i did, i flashed it and i have test it for one day, worked fine.

Yes RT-N18U its a great router, special for the price. :)

Sure i did, i flashed it and i have test it for one day, worked fine.

Okey, Why I ask is that someone on forum ask merlin about support for rt-18u but was told that code was a mess and no support, only for high end ones.

Octopus

I was going to ask same thing as octopus, since I've also read that merlin is not supporting n18u.
Anyway I'm going to give it a try...

@hggomes: Thanx for your work. github would be nice, so once you have time for it... ;)

That's correct, the code is a complete mess, i think i will need a year (lol) to organize things in here and get it ready to release the source code to git.

Too much models, too much code to much headaches :p

Glide: Please test it and let me know if its working fine for you, it would be nice to have it working as my main router but unfortunatelly too much things running on AC87U to make that change, and very few spare time.

Cheers

Okey, Why I ask is that someone on forum ask merlin about support for rt-18u but was told that code was a mess and no support, only for high end ones.

Octopus

I just flashed it...

It is weird... It looks like NAT accel (CTF) is kind of working only one way - out.

With asuswrt I'm reaching down/up speeds of around 900mbit.
With dd-wrt is somewhere around 300mbit.

With this FW it is 400/900 (down/up). Any idea what I could do about that NAT acceleration? It is the most important thing for, since I'm sitting on symetric gigabit link here.

Will give it a try though. Tomorrow I'll test with the rest of computers here.

Octopus

The complicated part is that since various components are closed source, and some of these are different based on the platform, it means the build environment must be modified to select the appropriate version of the precompiled components based on which router model you are compiling. Asus does not have that problem since they compile everything from source. Their GPL release doesn't either because they release a different GPL for each router, with only the appropriate version of the precompiled components in it.

In my case, I have one single codebase for ALL the models I support.

Considering the fact that this model is only available in very select markets, and North American (where I actually live) isn't among the planned release markets, it's just not worth the trouble. It would also mean for me one additional, separate platform to support. Asus doesn't update all their routers at once, so that would mean having to do totally separate releases from the other models.

@RMerlin: Absolutely no reseaon to justify yourself to us. It's completely up to you what you decide to support and what not. Considering it is not available in US, is pretty good reason anyway :)

@hggomes: Did some testing yesterday (or should I say today :)?) And I don't realy understand it. Yesterday, there was clear difference between router and direct connection when it came to download speed (400 vs 800mbit). When I tested it now, everything looks fine :)
Anyway I'm staying with your FW for now, and let's see how it will behave.

Thancx both of you guys.

Octopus

I have no problem with merlin don't make any rt-18u program. I'm very glad for those routers who is supported.
I was excited when huggome did a test program for it. I realize that is a big puzzle every time new sourcecode is released.

Octopus

Last edited:
DFS

Will DFS work with your Firmware and with the combination of RT-AC68U and PCE-AC68?

I live in Europe and DFS is important here :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!