What's new

CUSTOM/FORK RMERLIN FIRMWARE

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DFS/TPC works fine as long you use the right settings.

You will have it end of this week, sorry for delay :)

Will DFS work with your Firmware and with the combination of RT-AC68U and PCE-AC68?

I live in Europe and DFS is important here :D

DFS and TPC are either implemented in the code or they aren't. Whether you use a PCE-AC68, or any other wireless adapter has nothing to do with DFS or TPC (it's a slave device....wireless cards and adapters aren't required to include DFS or TPC in them, only devices that work as routers.

Hggomes has made some interesting statements in this thread, including that DFS and TPC work "with the right settings", or that his "region" has different requirements than the rest of the EU. Um....not so.

Still no git, no source code available. As Got_Milk says, this is an enormous huge red flag.

Last edited:
I have this router also didn't get 16u because it's an older router and the same price with 18u which has higher specs , how does the interface of this build looks like ? has anyone tried this on a rt-n18u?

Last edited:
Hi,

I have flashed the latest FW (3.0.0.4_378.50_HGG-V2) complete re-flash, factory, nvram erase...and have 2 issues.

1st: I'm not able to change wan MAC address through webui :)
When I come to WAN/internet connection tab, I only see USB modem settings.
I have spend good amount of time looking for it, so I don't think I missed it ;)

2nd: It is not possible to mount jffs. I can see in nvram settings that it is enabled, it gets formatted, but never gets mounted. Tried several reboots (enable, reboot, format, reboot, reboot, reboot, disable, reboot ... you get the idea)

Any ideas?

Not sure what you understood from that, my region is EU, so DFS and TPC will work fine. What i ment was that DFS and TPC will not work if you are on a lower channel than 100 for example.

DFS and TPC are either implemented in the code or they aren't. Whether you use a PCE-AC68, or any other wireless adapter has nothing to do with DFS or TPC (it's a slave device....wireless cards and adapters aren't required to include DFS or TPC in them, only devices that work as routers.

Hggomes has made some interesting statements in this thread, including that DFS and TPC work "with the right settings", or that his "region" has different requirements than the rest of the EU. Um....not so.

Still no git, no source code available. As Got_Milk says, this is an enormous huge red flag.

I have this router also didn't get 16u because it's an older router and the same price with 18u which has higher specs , how does the interface of this build looks like ? has anyone tried this on a rt-n18u?

I'm using it on rt-n18u, and I believe it looks exatly like asuswrt-merlin, which looks only slightly different then stock asuswrt (...that must have helped :p)

Unfortunatelly i cannot test it because i dont have the router at this moment with me, but have you noticed that only on V2? You have told me all was working fine on a previous FW version...

Tks for your feedback.

Edit: JFFS works fine and WAN options to be available you need to turn ON Dual WAN to have access to it, after you can disable it again.

Hi,

I have flashed the latest FW (3.0.0.4_378.50_HGG-V2) complete re-flash, factory, nvram erase...and have 2 issues.

1st: I'm not able to change wan MAC address through webui :)
When I come to WAN/internet connection tab, I only see USB modem settings.
I have spend good amount of time looking for it, so I don't think I missed it ;)

2nd: It is not possible to mount jffs. I can see in nvram settings that it is enabled, it gets formatted, but never gets mounted. Tried several reboots (enable, reboot, format, reboot, reboot, reboot, disable, reboot ... you get the idea)

Any ideas?

Last edited:
today update to 378.50_HGG-V2 but cpu goed 100% when activate parentscontrol

Hello,

When i activate parenstcontrol after the update the cpu goes 100%. When i only activate nothing happens but when i fillin a device and save then it goes 100% and stays there. Kow issue fot the asus rt-n66u?

grt

Pierre

Unfortunatelly i cannot test it because i dont have the router at this moment with me, but have you noticed that only on V2? You have told me all was working fine on a previous FW version...

Tks for your feedback.

Well, not sure about jffs, since I have never tried it before.
But problem with web interface is new in V2. That one was fine in last version.

Not sure what you understood from that, my region is EU, so DFS and TPC will work fine. What i ment was that DFS and TPC will not work if you are on a lower channel than 100 for example.

Gibberish. Nonsense.

Here's a quiz: In the EU, what channels require the implementation of DFS and TPC? And in the U.S?

Not sure what you understood from that, my region is EU. . . .

Here's why I pointed out the contradiction in your prior statements. In a post upthread, Chrysalis asked you this:

question.

why do asus cap at 80mw when the EU limit is 200mw and even higher for higher channels?

You responded:

Not all regions of EU, in my country the maximum allowed is 100mW, it depends on the specific region.

So what "region" do you live in that has different requirements than the rest of the EU?

I'm really interested in hearing this one.....

Indeed, that problem happens on alpha versions, i will add lastest stable 376 version, that problem doesnt happen on it.

That specific problem you reported does this:

RT-N18U, RT-AC56U, RT-AC68U, RT-AC87U = CPU stays at 50%
RT-N16, RT-N66U, RT-AC66U = CPU stays at 99%

Hello,

When i activate parenstcontrol after the update the cpu goes 100%. When i only activate nothing happens but when i fillin a device and save then it goes 100% and stays there. Kow issue fot the asus rt-n66u?

grt

Pierre

Last edited:
How en when can i get the stable version?

Indeed, that problem happens on alpha versions, i will add lastest stable 376 version, that problem doesnt happen on it.

That specific problem you reported does this:

RT-N18U, RT-AC56U, RT-AC68U, RT-AC87U = CPU stays at 50%
RT-N16, RT-N66U, RT-AC66U = CPU stays at 99%

How and when can i get the stable version?

grt

Pierre

PORTUGAL, 100mW is the limit here, page 191.

http://www.anacom.pt/

http://www.anacom.pt/streaming/qnaf20092010_07042010.pdf?contentId=1019281&field=ATTACHED_FILE

Quiz:

EU DFS/TPC: 5470 - 5725 MHz (100-140)

You missed the point: All regions of the EU have the same requirements. Portugal's is no different than anywhere else in the EU, all of which is governed by ETSI.

Quiz-- You answered incorrectly. The correct answer is found at Section 4.7.1.2 of the ETSI EN301893 V1.7.2 (2014-07) draft of standards. That section provides that DFS is required as follows:

4.7.1.2 Applicable frequency range
Radar detection is required when operating on channels whose nominal bandwidth falls partly or completely within the frequency ranges 5 250 MHz to 5 350 MHz or 5 470 MHz to 5 725 MHz. This requirement applies to all types of RLAN devices regardless of the type of communication between these devices

Thus, DFS is required for not only channels above 100, but for channels 52, 56, 60 and 64.

I was not referring previously to ETSI limits but my country limits, if you unlock router region/txpower you can simply bypass it and use your country limits.

I think i understand your point now, ETSI requirements overlap all EU country's Telecommunications Regulators Authoritys (ANACOM in my country) requirements.

About to channels 52, 56, 60 and 64, i didn't knew about it, it seems it was updated recently (07/2014), previously DFS was required only on channels above 100 right?

Thanks for the update.

Last edited:
No, the requirement that DFS be implemented on channels above 48 in the EU is certainly not new. It has been around from the beginning, since 1999. The most recent version of the draft specifications from 2014 didn't change anything regarding DFS or TPC. If you check the version issued in 2011, for example, you'll find exactly the same language and requirements in Section 4.7.1.2 as you'll find in the 2014 version of the standards.

ETSI requirements don't just "overlap" those of EU member states, they control and supersede any local regulations. So you're actually not permitted to "just bypass" the EU settings on your device. What you refer to as "your country settings" aren't really permissible at all, because under the EU regulations, there are no "country codes" at all, just one single harmonized set of standards.

And without seeing your source code, we just can't tell, can we. Of course, there are other, equally good reasons you should not be publishing a fork, since you're violating the GPL, but nothing anyone has said to you about that seems to phase you. So you just keep on doing what you're doing...maybe one day you'll post up the source code....or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!