What's new

cyberthreatcoalition.org URL blocklist works with uBlock Origin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

EmeraldDeer

Very Senior Member
I have been using the domain blocklist with Diversion but it turns out that you can use the URL blocklist in uBlock Origin

https://blocklist.cyberthreatcoalition.org/vetted/url.txt

Annotation 2020-05-11 183441.png

The list has balooned

CyberThreatCoalition.png

I like uBlock Origin. I ran it on my old laptop with secure DNS, QUAD9. With my new laptop on Windows 10 2004 I am trying secure DNS, QUAD9 and Edge's APP blocking for PUP/PUA and my laptop set to only allow software to be installed from Microsoft store. This is a little snappier over using uBlock Origin for me.

My question for you is how much overhead is there? Does it slow your response time down a lot?

I like uBlock Origin. I ran it on my old laptop with secure DNS, QUAD9. With my new laptop on Windows 10 2004 I am trying secure DNS, QUAD9 and Edge's APP blocking for PUP/PUA and my laptop set to only allow software to be installed from Microsoft store. This is a little snappier over using uBlock Origin for me.

My question for you is how much overhead is there? Does it slow your response time down a lot?
I don't have measurements, but I have not perceived uBO to be any slower than alternatives. It is faster than no blocker at all, I presume due to the avoidance of the overhead of user tracking and ads.

My new i9 5GHz laptop with 8 cores and 16 threads sees the ads faster than blockers. The ads seem to be split out as separate threads and are faster on this site any way. I see a slight hesitation when I use uBO. Maybe it is not as multi-threaded or the code is not as fast. Any way my statement above is the way I see it. So I see ads now on this site but no cookies.

How old of CPU are you using? You may be right on older smaller CPUs.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!