What's new

Data missing from Traffic Analyzer?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LaMpiR

Regular Contributor
Hi good people.

I have AX88U with Asus Merlin 386.3_2. I have additionally skynet, connmon and spdMerlin and everything is running very stable so far.
I just went to my Traffic Analyzer and over to Statistics where I have no data prior to 31 August. I haven't touched any of the settings and have updated the firmware few days after the release. I cannot find any settings on how long those data should be there and would appreciate the help since I would like to have some point of my traffic consumption.
Should the data be removed automatically?

Thank you.

It is mentioned that TrafficAnalyzer.db in /jffs/.sys/TrafficAnalyzer/ will get truncated to a maximum of 30MB. Perhaps this is what happened.

It is mentioned that TrafficAnalyzer.db in /jffs/.sys/TrafficAnalyzer/ will get truncated to a maximum of 30MB. Perhaps this is what happened.

Here it is. Any way to increase size?

lampir@router:/jffs/.sys/TrafficAnalyzer# ls -lh
-rw-rw-rw- 1 lampir root 6.2M Sep 15 12:00 TrafficAnalyzer.db
lampir@router:/jffs/.sys/TrafficAnalyzer#

To be honest, I would like to have just the traffic size info, I don't need all the additional information on which service is using how much and so on.

Last edited:
So, again, I have no data before 01. October. It seems to show current month only.
Any reason why?

So after checking it for a few times, my data is being refreshed on every first of the month. Does this needs to be like this or?

I keep having this problem. On the first of every month, my previous data is deleted from the analyzer.

Given that it's almost a year and multiple firmware versions since your original post and no one else has said they have the same problem I can only conclude it's something specific to your setup.

Do you have anything that runs once a month, some addon script for example?

Check to router's crontab for potential candidates (cru l).

Given that it's almost a year and multiple firmware versions since your original post and no one else has said they have the same problem I can only conclude it's something specific to your setup.

Do you have anything that runs once a month, some addon script for example?

Check to router's crontab for potential candidates (cru l).
That is quite possible.

This is my crontab list:

ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AX88U 386.8_0 Sat Aug 13 20:54:16 UTC 2022
lampir@router:/tmp/home/root# cru l
*/2 * * * * /etc/openvpn/server1/vpn-watchdog1.sh #CheckVPNServer1#
25 3 * * * sh /jffs/scripts/firewall banmalware #Skynet_banmalware#
8 1 * * Mon sh /jffs/scripts/firewall update #Skynet_autoupdate#
0 * * * * sh /jffs/scripts/firewall save #Skynet_save#
23 */2 * * * /jffs/scripts/connmon generate #connmon#
0 */4 * * * /jffs/scripts/spdmerlin generate #spdMerlin#
52 */12 * * * sh /jffs/scripts/firewall debug genstats #Skynet_genstats#
56 18 */7 * * service restart_letsencrypt #LetsEncrypt#
lampir@router:/tmp/home/root#
I have an additionaly cloudflare ddns script.

Thanks. Sadly there's no smoking gun there.

Since this problem first occurred have you ever done a factory reset and manual setup on your router?
That's what I thought as well. There is probably something somewhere and I do believe that reset would solve it, I simply don't have time to do it at the moment. Maybe in the next month and will see what happens. Thank you.

Same issue here on my 86U for as long as I can remember (386.2 IIRC). Oddly, on my very old 68U, which now is passed on to other family members, it captures many months. In my experience, the size of the DB does not matter, it only holds EXACTLY 30 days of data, regardless of factory reset or dirty upgrade.

I use the dn-vnstat addon for additional analysis, but it lacks the details the Trend Micro engine gives. Each new version I check to see if there's more than 30 days but with little hope there will be.

In my experience, the size of the DB does not matter, it only holds EXACTLY 30 days of data, regardless of factory reset or dirty upgrade.
Interesting, but I don't think that's quite the same problem being discussed here. My understanding is that all database entries prior to the 1st of the current month are being automatically removed somehow/somewhen. In other words, depending on what the current day of the month is you will only ever see between 0 and 30 days of data.

What you're describing seems to be a rolling 30 day view, which includes data from the previous calendar month.

You might (probably) be right, I probably am mistaken, and it is as you stated. Being the last day of the month, I'll know tomorrow, if I remember to check.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!