What's new

Data Recovery.. Help me before I kill myself... =(

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

shong

New Around Here
So for the past week I've been working on finding ways to recover some very important wave files from my NAS (WD ShareSpace 4 x 2.0TB in Raid 5). I've exhausted a lot of different options. Here's what I got to work so far:

I'm using R-Studio for my data recovery. Here's what I know:

-Disk Order
-Block Order (Left Asynchronous (Continuous))

I know this isn't a lot, but I have been able to recover some smaller pictures such as gifs and stuff. (None of which are important.) However larger files are somewhat distorted. For example, I am able to preview and listen to some of my WAV files when I set my block size to 512K or 1MB, but it seems like different files are chopped up and put together. I believe this is due to the fact that I have an incorrect parameter in offset.

I'm not able to see filesystems unless I set my block size to anything above 512K. Even still it is only a few folders.

I'm completely unsure of how to get my offset because this system is built on LINUX with an ext3 filesystem. I hope this makes some sense. I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to things like this. Any help would be appreciated since WD takes about a month to get back to me about anything. Thanks.