What's new

DDNS error - "PID file /var/run/inadyn.pid already exists, inadyn already running?"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

orion44

Regular Contributor
Earlier this morning, my ISP had some major issues that led my home IP address to change. This was done without a modem reboot (upstream of my RT-AC5300) – but I see in the router logs the WAN state correctly changed from down to up. However, my DDNS settings did not correctly pull the new IP address. Upon going to the GUI (https://192.168.1.1/Advanced_ASUSDDNS_Content.asp) to re-apply the settings, it just clocked, and the error thrown on the backend was " inadyn[5492]: PID file /var/run/inadyn.pid already exists, inadyn already running? "

1605028940092.png

I was able to manually login to my DynDNS account manually and update the hostname to point to the new IP. This is the first time in seven years of using Asuswrt-Merlin firmware that I've ever had to do this. Did anything change in previous firmware updates that could be causing this? Shouldn't the expected behavior to be to force the existing inadyn process to terminate and restart instead of clocking when updating via the GUI?