What's new

DDNS service blocked by my 4G connection provider

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Carlos M.

Regular Contributor
Hi,

I changed my internet service to a 4G contract. My ISP sent a TPLINK Archer M200 and I can configure a DDNS service.

My problem appear when I try to reach my DDNS domain from outside. Searching at Google, I found that 4G services works with private IPs networks so... they block NAT and DDNS services.

My surprise... I have IP cameras from DLINK and they connects directly to the Mydlink site so... I can reach my cameras from outside using mydlink service.

My questions is... Somebody knows a way to stablish a "webportal" to collect the connections from my local network devices and "passtrought" the 4G restriction?

Thanks in advance

Carlos

Thanks, good point.
I have two separate sites with two LANs. Site A with wired internet and site B with 4G. Both sites with ASUS N66U and Merlin.
Now, site B manage the 4G with the TPLINK Archer M200. I think if I create a VPN from the N66U site B to the N66U site A I'll can get access to the site B LAN.

Right?

VPNs that dont provide NAT can actually get around the issue but you should ask the vpn provider first if it is possible on their network.

Or for that kind of usage, if you have the technical know-how, a 5$/month Linode will allow you to easily get things sorted out, and give you full control over the firewall/forwarding done by your endpoint. A commercial tunnel provider might not be that flexible.

@RMerlin has a good point as a with a provider it could be easier.

However if you set up your own vpn you have to set up routing which isnt particularly easy. It can be simple or complicated depending on how you connect vpn and whether or not you use the same or different subnet. ofcourse the type of vpn matters too as a tunnel will have 2 ip addresses with the ip given to client being hidden.

Hey mates, thanks for your support!! To be honest, I'm not sure to understand the way...
What you mean with "a 5$/month Linode will allow you to easily get things sorted out" I've a hosting service with Hostgator but... what kind of service I'll need?

Thanks

Hey mates, thanks for your support!! To be honest, I'm not sure to understand the way...
What you mean with "a 5$/month Linode will allow you to easily get things sorted out" I've a hosting service with Hostgator but... what kind of service I'll need?

Thanks

A Linode is a (virtual) Linux server, where you can run your own software, as opposed to a web hosting service that can only host web/emails.

A Linode is a (virtual) Linux server, where you can run your own software, as opposed to a web hosting service that can only host web/emails.
Well, I can see, thanks. With a Linode I can "collect" signals from my LAN through the 4G WAN using a VPN, I guess... Right?

Well, I can see, thanks. With a Linode I can "collect" signals from my LAN through the 4G WAN using a VPN, I guess... Right?

The idea is to run a VPN server on the Linode, then connect to that server, and route all your traffic through it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!