What's new

DDNS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

John McAllister

New Around Here
Hi, do you think that it would be possible to change the format of the DDNS page so that the user can input their own server details instead of having to select from the predefined list. I don't use No-Ip or any of the others listed. I am a home user and cost is paramount so the DDNS provider I have isn't listed, but the cost suits my budget. I use a DSL-N66U which I have updated to your latest firmware which I find excellent. Keep up the good work!

Hi, do you think that it would be possible to change the format of the DDNS page so that the user can input their own server details instead of having to select from the predefined list. I don't use No-Ip or any of the others listed. I am a home user and cost is paramount so the DDNS provider I have isn't listed, but the cost suits my budget. I use a DSL-N66U which I have updated to your latest firmware which I find excellent. Keep up the good work!
asuscomm.com DDNS is free my friend!

Have a look here, you can customise your script.
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/DDNS-services

I use a DSL-N66U which I have updated to your latest firmware which I find excellent.
Merlin doesn't provide firmware for the DSL- routers so I don't know what firmware you think you're using. He also dropped support for the RT-N66U a long time ago.

I use the ASUS one and it seems fine. Anything better I should be using in the drop down on the Merlin FW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Custom config files are the proper way of handling unsupported DDNS providers. It can't realistically be done through the webui since every provider has its own unique requirements, it's not just a matter of pointing at a different server address.