What's new

Devices connected to Yazfi guest ssid -- how to find/monitor them?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

new_berlin

Occasional Visitor
I managed get a YazFi based guest ssid running and have a bunch of devices working properly. That said, I appear to no longer have visibility into the various (guest ssid connected) devices and their status i .e. whether they are connected to my network, their IP addresses, their mac-ids etc.

Am I missing something or is there a way/place to find and monitor devices connected to the guest network in the router gui? If not in router gui, is there another script/tool to view them?

I am running merlin 386.1 on ac-68.

TIA.

Seconded. I remember trying yazfi before as well but couldn’t find the same function as OP. Wondering if it’s available now..

One can view YazFi connected clients on the wireless log tab in the gui's system log section.

Edit to add: or use ssh to view all connected devices Including YazFi clients by issuing: cat /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases

I use a bat file on my windows desktop to call plink and issue that cat command. Example bat file:

Code:
plink.exe -ssh -l <router login name> -pw <router password> <router IP address> cat /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases

PAUSE

Last edited:
Go into logs and look at what is connected to each SSIDs and/or look at DHCP leases.

One can view YazFi connected clients on the wireless log tab in the gui's system log section.

Edit to add: or use ssh to view all connected devices Including YazFi clients by issuing: cat /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases

I use a bat file on my windows desktop to call plink and issue that cat command. Example bat file:

Code:
plink.exe -ssh -l <router login name> -pw <router password> <router IP address> cat /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases

PAUSE
Thank you! Indeed I do see them in system-log---wireless-log. Also noted your additional viewing tips.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!