What's new

Different firmware versions?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ShawnTRD

Regular Contributor
Currently on the same firmware version for both my 82u and 86u. Both have updates available but they are different versions. Does that matter?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220628-105829_ASUS Router.jpg
    Screenshot_20220628-105829_ASUS Router.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 86
Currently on the same firmware version for both my 82u and 86u. Both have updates available but they are different versions. Does that matter?

Different models will naturally have different firmware, including different versions. In general, keeping all models on firmware of the same era is advisable... typically this would be the latest greatest.

That said, it is always prudent to review release notes to know what's up and for how long, and if you have the time to save time and trouble, check around to see how the latest greatest is working for other users to avoid any new surprises/defects.

With practice, you can observe similar release note entries and assume similar stages of firmware development... might help.

OE

Yes, it matters. When the firmware is that old, it does.

You owe it to your network security to at least attempt upgrading the firmware to current levels.

And, if there are issues, you should also be ready to perform an M&M configuration too after a full reset to factory defaults too (this is the only way to properly test new versions, or at least, to be able to troubleshoot them properly).

Yes, it matters. When the firmware is that old, it does.

Are you sure this advice applies to the OP's situation?

OE

Hmm, maybe?

That font looks very fuzzy to me.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!