What's new

'Disable 11b' check box only disables 11b from one node - Asus ZenWifi Pro XT12

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kingdaveontour

New Around Here
ANy help appreciated. When i tick 'Disable 11b'in Wireless Mode, InSSIDer shows that i have a config mismatch and indicates that one node is broadcasting on b/g/n/ac/ax and the other is g/n/ac/ax?

ANy help appreciated. When i tick 'Disable 11b'in Wireless Mode, InSSIDer shows that i have a config mismatch and indicates that one node is broadcasting on b/g/n/ac/ax and the other is g/n/ac/ax?

Perhaps try a system reboot(?).

OE

I have observed same thing, b,g,n,ax on node with "b" ticked in

SSH into the node, then the NVRAM variable you want to set;

wl0_rateset=default/ofdm where you'll find is set to ofdm on the router and default on the node. "NVRAM set wl0_rateset=ofdm", then "NVRAM commit" - no more 802.11b
Not to be confused with "wl_nband=1(2)" which values based on that status of how the check box to disable 11.b is set (1 not checked, 2 checked) but only for the GUI...

Here's how the AX88, and AX86 nodes, look like now; note: no "b" or its basic rates...
1674328784515.png

1674328677879.png

wl0_rateset=default/ofdm where you'll find is set to ofdm on the router and default on the node. "NVRAM set wl0_rateset=ofdm", then "NVRAM commit" - no more 802.11b
Not to be confused with "wl_nband=1(2)" which values based on that status of how the check box to disable 11.b is set (1 not checked, 2 checked) but only for the GUI...

Here's how the AX88, and AX86 nodes, look like now; note: no "b" or its basic rates... View attachment 47355
View attachment 47354

I actually like to disable basic rates below 12 just to keep one distant N or AC device from slowing down the network too much. Not sure if that can be done on the Asus, my Unifi supports it though.

I actually like to disable basic rates below 12 just to keep one distant N or AC device from slowing down the network too much. Not sure if that can be done on the Asus, my Unifi supports it though.
You could probably use a variation of this. Although it would be a bit messy to script it.

You could probably use a variation of this. Although it would be a bit messy to script it.

Even with the unifi, trying to disable CCK without disabling the lower OFDM is challenging, but since I'm fine with not having anything below 12 it works out fine. Not too concerned with doing it on the Asus as that is indoors and nothing is far enough to fail down to really low rates. Disabling B/G/A is good enough there. From that thread looks like if I ever move to an AX router, that will no longer work and might have to look into a script if I want to keep that disabled.

Here's how the AX88, and AX86 nodes, look like now; note: no "b" or its basic rates... View attachment 47355
View attachment 47354
Thank you, working fine after ticked "Optimization" on aimesh node.
I,m using this:
Code:
if [ "$(nvram get wl_nband)" = "2" ] && [ "$(nvram get wl0_rateset)" = "default" ]; then nvram set "wl0_rateset"="ofdm";nvram commit; fi
EDIT: typo in script

Last edited:
Thank you, working fine after ticked "Optimization" on aimesh node.
I,m using this:
Code:
if [ "$(nvram get wl_nband)" = "2" ] && [ "$(nvram get wl0_rateset)" = "default" ]; then nvram set "wl0_rateset"="ofdm";nvram commit; fi
How to turn on custom scripts from ssh session?

EDIT: typo in script

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!