What's new

Discussion about donation sticky thread

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

QuikSilver

Very Senior Member
I vote to lock and "Sticky" this thread...

Again, no stickies, thanks.

OK. Maybe @RMerlin is willing to put this on the list of stickies on the Asuswrt-merlin page.
In any case it really should be "stuck" somewhere. ;-)
It's my opinion that this forum should work and function without the need of stickies. They distract, move the real content further down the page and are seldom read anyway.
And where do we stop? Are we going to end up with a page full of stickied addons threads that get locked after a mere six months anyway?
While I appreciate your effort, I am completely against stickied posts here.

It's my opinion that this forum should work and function without the need of stickies. They distract, move the real content further down the page and are seldom read anyway.
And where do we stop? Are we going to end up with a page full of stickied addons threads that get locked after a mere six months anyway?
While I appreciate your effort, I am completely against stickied posts here.
I completely agree that the last thing we need on the AddOns page are stickies that explain how an addon works or worse how to install various addons. Anyone treading into addons have to "up their game" a bit.

But, there are users (hopefully many) that might not even know about donating to a developer. Even if they do, the amount of work to track down the donation link is not easy.
My intention was to create a living thread/sticky that allows an easy way for a user to show some appreciation monetarily.

AddOn developers create many useful scripts, WebUI addon pages, system extensions and useful utilities to enhance Asuswrt-Merlin supported routers.

These "devs", like RMerlin, do this all voluntarily. This requires lots of time, effort, support of users, upkeep and maintenance. They do it for the challenge, the joy of coding and creating great things for others to use and enjoy!

If you are a user of these AddOns and extensions and want to thank your friendly dev, consider a donation using the links below. The donation can be small or as large as you feel comfortable/can afford!

Its shows the dev you appreciate their work - and want to keep them enthused about continuing to enhance these fine routers!

@thelonelycoder - Diversion, usb disk check at boot, Format Disk, AMTM

@Adamm - Skynet, StubbyDNS, AMCFWM, CakeQOS-Merlin

@Jack Yaz - YazFi, connmon, ntpMerlin, scMerlin, spMerlin, uiDivStats, uiScribe
or

@dave14305 - FlexQoS
Paypal

@ttgapers - CakeQOS-Merlin
Prefers donations going to RMerlin

There are other developers and contributors as well - I am still trying to get information from them on donation specifics.

If you are a developer and want to be included in this list, please PM me @JGrana
If I have left off a developer, let me know!
I support this. If anyone is able, please take the time to donate to show support. These dev's spend a lot of their free time, not only developing for this community, but also spending blood, sweat, and tears troubleshooting by providing helpful expert opinions to the community(even when it is not about their scripts).