What's new

Diversion Diversion 4.3.3 - the Router Ad-Blocker, released April 02 2023

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes, I should have added to my post above that as long as the maximum Wattage is less than 5W, the router's USB port (and therefore the rest of the router's circuits) should be fine.

I‘ve been using an SSD without external power supply on my RT-AX88U for years and have had no problems whatsoever.
Same!, I use to have problems all the time when using Flash Drives. I cannot count how many times I had to redo everything on a flash drive. I have atleast 3 dead highly recommended flashdrives laying around. I was able to only repurpose two flash drives.

Just to give some more additional clarification, there are two types of drives I have used without having any problems. I currently use an SSD without any problems (ever!). I have also used a regular External HD with no problems as well. I think SSD is just more preferred as I also prefer it more.

Boy oh boy. A game changer. Goodbye pixelserv.tls in Diversion. Also goodbye to Diversion Lite and Standard. The next Diversion comes in one flavour only: Diversion
And it blocks ads better and faster than any version before by using optimized Dnsmasq entries.
The rewrite will take some time as many settings are affected. As always, it will be well worth the wait ;)

Last edited:
Boy oh boy. A game changer. Goodbye pixelsev.tls in Diversion. Also goodbye to Diversion Lite and Standard. The next Diversion comes in one flavour only: Diversion
And it blocks ads better and faster than any version before by using optimized Dnsmasq entries.
The rewrite will take some time as many settings are affected. As always, it will be well worth the wait ;)
Always happy to hear of Diversion progress and development, but what exactly was the game-changing moment? I stopped using pixelserve at least a couple years back, with no ill effects, so I'm not surprised you are dropping support for that, but what else is going on (perhaps with dnsmasq) that prompted this? Just curious...

Last edited:
Always happy to hear of Diversion progress and development, but what exactly was the game-changing moment? I stopped using pixelserve at least a couple years back, and with no ill effects, so I'm not surprised you are dropping support for that, but what else is going on (perhaps with dnsmasq?) that prompted this? Just curious...
Dnsmasq supports a better format now that allows for easier loading of much larger lists.

Last edited:
Hey again,

What would you recommend running the version of Diversion? Diversion Standard which includes pixelserv-tls or just the Lite version? I have read in another thread that don't use pixelserv today.

Thanks

I recently switched to the lite version from standard and tbh I notice nothing untoward from losing pixelserv-tls. I'd like to say it's better but I just think that's just the "new car effect".

I recently switched to the lite version from standard and tbh I notice nothing untoward from losing pixelserv-tls. I'd like to say it's better but I just think that's just the "new car effect".
I guess I will also run the lite version since it's 2/2 of the people who said it. Might be better but why was it a thing over the past few years and suddenly everyone switching to the lite version?

Hey again,

What would you recommend running the version of Diversion? Diversion Standard which includes pixelserv-tls or just the Lite version? I have read in another thread that don't use pixelserv today.

Thanks
pixelserv-tls will no longer be available in the next Diversion update. That speaks for itself.

pixelserv-tls will no longer be available in the next Diversion update. That speaks for itself.
And that is 3/3 people that says not to use it. Of course, I will listen to the experts in this forum. I'll run the lite version and I cannot wait for your next plans in the upcoming update of Diversion.

I guess I will also run the lite version since it's 2/2 of the people who said it. Might be better but why was it a thing over the past few years and suddenly everyone switching to the lite version?
The hassle with the certificates, the absence of its coder and therefore no more updates, problems with certain domains or browsers/apps. And I‘m tired of the questions.

The hassle with the certificates, the absence of its coder and therefore no more updates, problems with certain domains or browsers/apps. And I‘m tired of the questions.
Understood! That is a good idea actually and if the cons outweigh the pros, then it's worth it removing that in the upcoming update. I will run diversion in conjunction with unbound.

Thanks again everyone for the help and the additional information

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!