What's new

Diversion/amtm: Does USB stick speed matter?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bmn1

I want to install diversion (and maybe flexqos) and wonder if the required USB stick speed matters at all?
is it actively being used when running those programs/scripts or is it just a storage devices?

The fastest USB stick at the moment seems to be the Sandisk Extreme Pro 128GB stick.
But ofcourse there are cheaper and slower sticks out there.
I will be using the USB stick with my Asus RT-AX86U.

Thanks in advance!

Use the search function on this board, that brings up discussions for days to read into.

Yes thanks I already did (after posting these).

Whoever comes back to this:
Get any cheap NVME SSD (200GB start at 15€ + 15€ for a USB case) and it will be miles fast and more reliable than any USB stick.

E.g.: https://geizhals.at/adata-ultimate-su650-240gb-asu650ns38-240gt-c-asu650ns38-240gt-r-a2094629.html?hloc=at

Or

I want to install diversion (and maybe flexqos) and wonder if the required USB stick speed matters at all?
is it actively being used when running those programs/scripts or is it just a storage devices?

The fastest USB stick at the moment seems to be the Sandisk Extreme Pro 128GB stick.
But ofcourse there are cheaper and slower sticks out there.
I will be using the USB stick with my Asus RT-AX86U.

Thanks in advance!
A USB2 thumb drive works very well. SanDisk is a good brand.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!