What's new

Diversion Diversion and pixelserv-tls not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

c.petras

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys.
I have an AX86U router with Merlin 386.1_2. I've connect a USB Drive with 8GB an I also install Diversion but someting is not right. The diversion it not seems to work (still see a lot of ads) and also the pixelserv-tls server is not running.
I am doing something wrong?
How can I make it work?
Thanks !

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    19.3 KB · Views: 501
Thank you for you quick answer and for wonderful tutorial. I did't find this when i use the search button.
Apparently I forgot to create swamp file to usb.
Do you think that is necessary to uninstall diversion and start from the begining?

Try creating the swap file and see if it works. If not, go back and start over. :)

I have a 2 TB HDD which i want to use it as an Media Server/ FTP Server etc.. I can format this hdd as ext4 and create all the stuff on it or should i use one USB Stick different than this HDD for the scripts?

A usb stick will work, but some users ( :cool:) have a usb enclosure w/ ssd.
Just a suggestion, a NAS would be better for serving those media files, than a usb HDD.

Last edited:
I used an external HDD hanging off the router as a server for years with no problems, but finally picked up a used server recently as my requirements have grown.

I have raspberry Pi with a USB drive attached on the network running Open Media Vault, haven’t had any issues
As far as USB drive connected to the router. Using ssd, nice to have the speed, no issues also in that department

Last edited:
Hi guys. After many attempts to get rid ads, especially Samsung TV Youtube Ads, I can't get any results. Not with Diversion and not with Unbound. My Diversion and pixelserv is installed and running on IP 192.168.50.2 (Router was set to allocate ip from 192.168.50.3 to 192.168.50.xxx and DNS server is set to "Router". All checks from amtm installation of scripts was "green". Can someone tell me what I done wrong?

In you LAN/uiDivstats tab. Under the log can you see your client Samsung IP? Maybe it’s dns is bypassing your setup, can you go into it ( TV) and manually set its Dns server to your router ?
Also what file blocking are you using ? Medium ?

When you amtm/ push 1. Then b, then 8. You can see your yt blacklist,( number of blocked ads) maybe see if it’s working

DA7BBD71-13E8-43E2-BCA6-FA8A917B7901.jpeg

Last edited:
Running full list here. No issues.
71793397-2187-4720-9D92-775E336A1294.jpeg

In you LAN/uiDivstats tab. Under the log can you see your client Samsung IP? Maybe it’s dns is bypassing your setup, can you go into it ( TV) and manually set its Dns server to your router ?
Also what file blocking are you using ? Medium ?

When you amtm/ push 1. Then b, then 8. You can see your yt blacklist,( number of blocked ads) maybe see if it’s working

View attachment 32110
EDIT: I switch to Full list from Standard and seems to start block ads. I uninstalled Unbound because I have think that is kind of incompatibility with Diversion. Testing now..
Thank you for response.
Apparently I didn't have Youtube Ad-Blocking active. I managed to activate now and see whats happens.
The TV has DNS standard: 192.168.50.1
The ad-blocking list is Standard and all seems to work now..
Testing for couple of days and come back with feedback. Thanks for help !

Last edited:
I have diversion installed along with Unbound, I just don’t have unbound running ad blocker, unbound just kinda speeds everything up.

Ok. I choose the Large list for Diversion and now it seems to work but 60% of YouTube ads is still there. Maybe in time i'l get rid of that too. Thanks eveyone for help!

I still see some ads in mine. But it’s also still building from last time.

B854526F-67C2-4603-9CB2-8CA89335DA0E.jpeg

I have only 33
This numbers increase in time and block more and more ads?
Yes you are correct. Give the remote to the kids for couple hours, or laptop while watching yt. Lol

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!