What's new

Diversion Diversion is not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fearz

Hello,

I'm using Merlin 384.19 on AC-5300 and for some reason diversion isn't blocking ADS., I tried re-installing, different pre-defined lists (from Standard to medium to Large...nothing seems to work...)

Tried re-installing and without installing UIDivStats also...won't work too.

can someone help please? Here is my log file:

Last edited:
Safari bypasses your dnsmasq settings. I am currently in the midst of figuring out how precisely, and what can be done about it. I am presuming it's some flavor of DoH but still investigating. In the meantime, the answer to your question of "why doesn't it work" is that safari is doing something to bypass it. You can test this for yourself by using Firefox. I have been away from this board for a few months, so I'm digging to see if this has been addressed yet.

edit: addressed below

Last edited:
Safari bypasses your dnsmasq settings. I am currently in the midst of figuring out how precisely, and what can be done about it. I am presuming it's some flavor of DoH but still investigating. In the meantime, the answer to your question of "why doesn't it work" is that safari is doing something to bypass it. You can test this for yourself by using Firefox. I have been away from this board for a few months, so I'm digging to see if this has been addressed yet.

Was using Chrome, same results, maybe Firefox was blocking (some and some not)....

But its true...Safari never blocked.

@thelonelycoder is this something you encountered or dealt with at all? I haven't been around as much lately and the board structure is much different, I'm having trouble finding anything on the subject.

@thelonelycoder is this something you encountered or dealt with at all? I haven't been around as much lately and the board structure is much different, I'm having trouble finding anything on the subject.
I asked Mr. Dnsmasq a while ago if there's a way Dnsmasq can handle type 65 queries directly and not forward them so that local hosts entries are respected. I have yet to receive a reply. It's been months so I doubt this is doable or even easily possible. There are patches on GitHub that seem to work though.

There is hope.

Hello,

I'm using Merlin 384.19 on AC-5300 and for some reason diversion isn't blocking ADS., I tried re-installing, different pre-defined lists (from Standard to medium to Large...nothing seems to work...)

Tried re-installing and without installing UIDivStats also...won't work too.

can someone help please? Here is my log file:
Had same issue. Had to manually update AMTM to latest version, then manually update all entware packages with in Devirsion.

I mainly use Safair on Mac and on iOS devices. Devirsion is working fine with out issues right now.

Hi
I'm using WireGuard manager with a VPN. Specifically, I'm using Cloudflare WARP on my router.
Diversion seems to not work when the tunnel/connection is active anymore.
How can I resolve this?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!