What's new

Diversion Diversion "not working" with 386.3: FIXED automagically

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

brec

Regular Contributor
RT-AC86U; Merlin 386.3; Diversion 4.1.12; Skynet 2.7.5

At or near(!) my update to 386.3 a few days ago Diversion stopped working and I'm seeing ads where I didn't before. For example speedtest.net (it seems to be a common example in the threads I've looked at). It could be that the problem is not 386.3 per se, but some router setting I changed in the wake of updating.

When I look at Diversion's terminal interface (via amtm) I don't see anything obvious that would explain the change. I reinstalled Diversion (using its option to do that) with no effect.

Questions and ideas welcome!

RT-AC86U; Merlin 386.3; Diversion 4.1.12; Skynet 2.7.5

At or near(!) my update to 386.3 a few days ago Diversion stopped working and I'm seeing ads where I didn't before. For example speedtest.net (it seems to be a common example in the threads I've looked at). It could be that the problem is not 386.3 per se, but some router setting I changed in the wake of updating.

When I look at Diversion's terminal interface (via amtm) I don't see anything obvious that would explain the change. I reinstalled Diversion (using its option to do that) with no effect.

Questions and ideas welcome!
Somehow in the few hours since I posted, the problem was fixed. I'm not aware of anything I did to make the change.

I'm having this issue too, very weird. Only happens to devices set to the WAN too. OpenVPN DNS is set to disabled so it's going though the router, but that is blocking ads.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!