What's new

Diversion Diversion slowing down?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JT Strickland

Very Senior Member
I must have something set wrong. This happened before: Diversion seems to block less and less, and is reflected by the percentage blocked in UiDivStats, and then seems to quit blocking anything.

The standard blocking list is set to update twice a week. I tried a manual update but didn't affect anything. I don't have anything in the whitelist or the blacklist. I believe I uninstalled and reinstalled it before, but this shouldn't be necessary if I can find out what it wrong.

I appreciate any help,

Is this based on actual browsing/blocking experience or just worrying about stats?
No, I could care less about the stats, but when it starts with 2 out of 3 blocked and dwindles down to 1 in 10, then 5 in a hundred, and so on, and the log verifies it.
It doesn't seem like normal behavior, or it didn't behave that way before the last firmware upgrade. I assume it is a setting that got left when I upgraded my usb and swap file, but I don't know what. It's not critical, I will try reinstalling if there's not a logical reason or answer.

You should verify your LAN DHCP DNS servers are blank and DNSFilter is enabled in Router mode to ensure no queries are sneaking past dnsmasq and Diversion. And that your browsers aren’t self-upgrading to DoH.

The DHCP DNS servers are blank, and DNSFilter is set to Router. The DOH may be the culprit, Firefox has done it to me before, but it doesn't look like it in the settings.
thanks,
jts

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!