What's new

Diversion Diversion - the Router Ad-Blocker v4.2.x (see new thread for 4.3.x)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi! I've configure Diversion on my RT-AC3100, using merlin firmware 386.5_2. I alway use Firefox and works great, I change employer I must use Google Chrome for work profile and Firefox in my personal profile. Using Google Chrome I see adds but using Firefox no. I can not found in Chrome any DNS configuration or something that allow to Chrome bypass Diversion to show me the adds. Some know what I need to configured in Google Chrome?
Thanks in advance

Hi! I've configure Diversion on my RT-AC3100, using merlin firmware 386.5_2. I alway use Firefox and works great, I change employer I must use Google Chrome for work profile and Firefox in my personal profile. Using Google Chrome I see adds but using Firefox no. I can not found in Chrome any DNS configuration or something that allow to Chrome bypass Diversion to show me the adds. Some know what I need to configured in Google Chrome?
Thanks in advance
Don’t know if this helps?

Is pixelserv-tls installed?
Enter which pixelserv-tls into the terminal.
ps would be an available option in i if /opt/bin/pixelserv-tls is found.
I have that Pixelserv installed & running.
I saw ‘ps’ in amtm, ran it, all worked well.
Now ‘ps’ has disappeared from the amtm list.
Maybe I’m going crazy & imagining things!o_O

That appears to be the case too for @Makaveli
Iˋll check that tonight, thanks for reporting.

Same with me, I saw PS originally, ran it and after I ran it, it disappeared. But still works if I type it in
Same; however, I restored mine via nsru.

@Makaveli was right from the beginning. There was an instruction missing in amtm. I sacked the coder and asked the neighbors cat for help. She sat me down and had me fix it myself. Long story short, the minor fix is out, use u in amtm to update.

Diversion 4.3.1 is now available

What's new
- Adds option to block type 65 queries in tb using iptables.

Thanks for all the contributors in these threads - and surely elsewhere:

iOS 14 and newer, as well as a growing number of apps or devices use the type 65 query.
Dnsmasq currently has no option to suppress or specifically handle these types of queries and therefore circumvent Diversion ad-blocking.

How to update Diversion
Use u or the WebUI function to update to this latest version.

e4gdc5wpg4r.png

Diversion 4.3.1 is now available

What's new
- Adds option to block type 65 queries in tb using iptables.

Thanks for all the contributors in these threads - and surely elsewhere:

iOS 14 and newer, as well as a growing number of apps or devices use the type 65 query.
Dnsmasq currently has no option to suppress or specifically handle these types of queries and therefore circumvent Diversion ad-blocking.

How to update Diversion
Use u or the WebUI function to update to this latest version.

e4gdc5wpg4r.png

Awesome and long-awaited! Thank you!

How effective is the type 65 query blocking, and has anyone experienced side effects as a consequence of enabling this feature? (I know it's a new feature, so I mean those who manually ran the underlying iptables commands for the past few months).

How effective is the type 65 query blocking, and has anyone experienced side effects as a consequence of enabling this feature? (I know it's a new feature, so I mean those who manually ran the underlying iptables commands for the past few months).
I haven't seen any issues. Been using it for awhile just putting in the commands manually.

Thank you for updating Diversion!

I enabled it, and waiting for my family's screams as I beta test it on them... everything is still quiet on the homefront! :)

Last edited:
If you see type=65 in the logs then you should enable it. I haven’t see any issues from doing so
I've just enabled it because I have Apple devices on my network. I already give them more info than I'm comfortable with.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online