What's new

DNS-O-Matic Issues On RT-N66U with 376.49_5

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Parallax Abstraction

Occasional Visitor
Hey all. Apologies if this has been answered but I looked a fair bit and didn't find anything. I'm having issues getting DNS-O-Matic working with my brand new RT-N66U which I flashed Asuswrt-Merlin on. I am using FreeDNS as my DDNS provider and signed up for a new DNS-O-Matic account earlier today and tied my FreeDNS account to it. I configured the DDNS page on the router as follows:

Server: WWW.DNSOMATIC.COM
Hostname: all.dnsomatic.com
Username: <my username for the site, typed exactly as I login with>
Password: <same>
Wildcard: No (also tried Yes)
Forced update interval: 21 days
WAN and hostname verification: No (also tried Yes)

Every time I save the settings, it immediately comes back and says "Authentication failed." I've tried using my DNS-O-Matic username as well as the e-mail for the account, neither works. I can login to the DNS-O-Matic site no problem.

I did a bunch of searching and can't find a solution to this particular symptom. Can anyone assist? Much appreciated!

Working for me with the same configuration.

Any non-alphanumeric characters in your username or password? (just a wild-a** guess)

There's a special character in my password as I generated it with LastPass. Interesting thought, I wonder if Asurwrt-Merlin doesn't care for that. I'll update the password and try again.

EDIT: Thank you sir! Very good catch! Turns out the firmware doesn't like special characters in the DNS-O-Matic password. I'd prefer to have them but certainly not the end of the world. I'm using a password that's only alphanumeric now and it registered right away. Thanks again!

I believe you have to escape special characters with a "\", so you would enter "pa$$word?" as "pa\$\$word\?". Or just don't have any. :)

Hello all
rt-n66u
I found small bug when i use IE11
Traffic Manager/Traffic Monitor - when i try view graph for example Wireles 2.4 or 5 GHz i see graph for one moment and view is back to Ethernet WAN. On ff is ok.

Last edited: