What's new

Do 2 Lan Port mean Faster Backups?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheBear

New Around Here
I have a home network. One router. One unmanaged switch. Gigabit Ethernet. Window 10 PCs

If I buy a NAS with 2 gigabit ethernet ports, can the 2 port to used to increase the speed of a backup from one of the PCs on the network (win 10 Intel Core i7 6 cores) to the NAS?

No. it is used to increase the bandwidth for multiple PCs accessing the NAS at one time.

No. it is used to increase the bandwidth for multiple PCs accessing the NAS at one time.

Yep - this is how LAG works...

Think of it like being in the line at the local store - more lines, more bandwidth, but each session at the register takes the same amount of time...

Install a dual NIC in the PC and team them. You may get an increase depending upon what else is transferring to and from the NAS.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I always liked the highway & car analogy.
It the interface is the highway and packets are the cars.
Adding more highway lanes doesn't make the cars go any faster, just more cars can go at the same time.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!