What's new

Do Bluetooth Repeaters exist? Jabra Headset <=> Bluetooth Repeater <=> Windows Laptop

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stansoltz

Occasional Visitor
When I google or amazon search for a repeater, I simply get a range extender that you plug into your audio source/ stereo. I want a repeater that will keep my headset connected to my laptop as I move further away from my laptop/office.

Similar to a wifi repeater...

Current: Jabra Headset <=> Windows Laptop (say 30 feet and lose connection)
What I want: Jabra Headset <=> Bluetooth Repeater <=> Windows Laptop (say 100 feet and lose connection)

No such thing.

Nope. Bluetooth is inherently a point-to-point system.

I want an repeater to connect to my bluetooth automower when I am away from the house.... Any ideas?

When I google or amazon search for a repeater, I simply get a range extender that you plug into your audio source/ stereo. I want a repeater that will keep my headset connected to my laptop as I move further away from my laptop/office.

Similar to a wifi repeater...

Current: Jabra Headset <=> Windows Laptop (say 30 feet and lose connection)
What I want: Jabra Headset <=> Bluetooth Repeater <=> Windows Laptop (say 100 feet and lose connection)

1) you need a class 1 BT headset... they have like 100 to 300 ft range.... and the laptop also needs to be class 1.

2)IF you really need range, you can get 2 motorcycle BT head sets and use them in intercom mode. will give you ~1/2 mile range ... and a coupe of other features.. some hacking on how to keep it on your head will be involved ...

3) If you only want 1 way audio or music then you can sue thsi to get 100ft + range
1Mii B03 Long Range Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter Receiver for TV Home Stereo BT ... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D1JJBJR/?tag=snbforums-20

How much $$$ do you wan to spend ...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!