What's new

Do I need a USB Drive/Swap for my use case?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

applysci

New Around Here
Before I continue, I know my RAM utilization being 95% is cache for the USB. I have a separate Dell R720 server for VMs (secondary pi-hole/docker web apps, any future services would go here), my old gaming pc as a True-NAS system and a few pis. Just mentioning so people know I can offload any service, if need be.

Currently, I still have a USB in but all I run is in the screenshot below

ss.png

I had one USB drive die on me and cause a lot of network issues, so i threw a new one in. i run 2 piholes for DNS, but want to utilize the routers Skynet for region blocking and DHCP for its pretty great implimentation.

Basically, I am well out of practice, feeling very stupid today and just looking for someone smarter than me to give me suggestions on optimizing my router. I am all ears.

The only thing worth mentioning is i have a RT-AC68U as a wired Mesh node for better coverage in my backyard.

I believe Skynet, Scribe, nsrum, Diversion (uiDivStats) and Entware all require a USB drive. No idea about the others.

Welcome to the forums @applysci.

Skynet? Yes, you do.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!